Tuesday, 11 March 2014

The big relocation!

Warning - picture heavy blog coming.............
So, I promised I would show you all my craft room move. When your room looks like this!! you sure need to rethink your layout don't you? I needed one big sort out and some new storage but with one or two of the boys having left home, there were other options available! So, I decided on moving to a new room and kitting it out from the word go as a craft room and boy did I have fun.
So, all good refits start with some decoration, won't bore you with pictures of paint drying lol but the next job was Ikea - gotta love Ikea!
Filled the hallway with an assortment of Billy Bookcases, Alex draws and a table top and legs.....so next you need a man with a screwdriver and some flat pack know how.......luckily I have me one of those...............

and the big build began!
Billy...............
and then some more Billy..............
Alex, how lovely are Alex? So lovely I had to have me.............two big ones and a smaller one
my excuse is Alex looks so much nicer than table legs don't you think? Ignore the mess please, it was a project in progress.............oh, check out the new Ikea bin!! love it!!
Filling Billy, didn't take long, this is just the start of it..............
A copic shelf...
Book and magazines...........I found magazines I have had since 1999!
Even found this, ashamed to say almost unused...........how naughty
This used to be my 12x12 storage.............
stamp overflow from the shelves I orignally had.........mostly Christmas. I love wood stamps, even now.........
so, after lots of chucking out and flat pack.............I now have my 'happy space'
paper is out of the boxes..............
unit on the wall and ebosser station...........
corner of my table with essential washi tape basket
oh and some sneaky Ikea (had to be didn't it?) storage behind the door for my wool and copious other crafts that I dabble in!
So, if you wonder why there is not much blogging, its cos I am busy!!! LOL
Happy Stamping x




9 comments:

Helen said...

Wow, lovely room!! am so jealous - hope to see lots of works of art being made and blogged now Wendy!!

Gez Butterworth said...

Wow! How FANTASTIC! Enjoy Billy & Alex ♥♥

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Looking good Wendy x x

Carol Q said...

how fab Wendy! I have some Alex draws too. I think Ikea must be the go to place for craft room storage. Those units are brilliant. you must be SO pleased :)

whyducks said...

How fabulous, hope you get lots of time to play in there now.

JoFY said...

i love love love the wooden drawers!!

Caz said...

It's definitely worth putting up with the chaos for a while to end up with a lovely new crafty room!! Enjoy!!!
xx

Becky said...

I am so jealous I want a craft room like that.Have fun in there.

Becky x

thekathrynwheel said...

Oh my! It looks fabulous! Do I get a guided tour in May?!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails