and chose these two papers to use for my book.
I used the floral as my base for the folded book. I found a tutorial on youtube for the book construction itself, here. After is was folded into the book I used a Blending Tool and Gathered Twigs distress ink to ink all the edges.
Once folded it was time to fill the pockets................sorry for the out of focus photo. On the outside of the book I attached two of the cut outs from the second sheet and then used the larger card, 'Something wicked this way comes', folded it in half and placed each half in the two pockets either side of the spine.
I cut the second sheet of paper into some single pieces and some runs of about four, using the book of spells cards as the front of these.
Here is one of my booklets.
This is inside the book, more pockets to fill, a couple of my folded booketts then I fussy cut some of the single cards and used them to decorate the fronts of the pockets.
bits of metallic lace glued to the edges..............
next to fill the two pockets on the edges. I used some of the cards (seriously there are loads of these once you cut the page up), one set I backed onto black card, edged with gold gilding wax, punched the corners and tied with a piece of black ribbon. I also punched a tag shape from black shrink plastic and added it to the bunch.
Here you can see the gilding wax on other cards.....
I found some Ranger Dimensional Paint in my stash while sorting out and the colour, Stream, matched the card perfectly, so I added a few dot accents.
and that was it.......
thanks for watching!