Last week, Wendy2 (you all know who Wendy2 is right?) was on duty at chez Stamp Attic and started on a project using a mirror and the last Graphic 45 release, Couture. She got part way through and I took over, so we thought we would share our collaboration with you.
Wendy2 started with two sheets of the 12x12 and that is all we ended up using, its amazing how much you can get out of this paper range when you cut it down. Wendy2 used Chic and Accessorize for this project. The mirror is one from Ikea (my new favourite place to shop) or we have similar ones in store (we don't ship them though, too risky what with glass etc.). Wendy2 cut enough cardstock from Accessorize to cover the mirror to just over halfway and then the reverse side to cover the rest. This photo was to show you how far Wendy2 got before I took over and I seem to have an unintentional 'selfie' going on there!
To cover the joint she used a length of cotton lace and self adhesive pearls.
Best fussy cutting tool around has to be these........
If you don't have a pair then you really need to treat yourself........I promise you will never look back.
Wendy2 fussy cut the stamps and roses from Chic and adhered them to the bottom of the frame. At this point she was finished for the day and left the frame on the side at the shop............my turn next!!
I thought it needed some depth so set about fussy cutting some of the ladies, more stamps and roses and words as they are such fantastic words on that sheet.
I cut three layers of ladies and piled them up to make a good 3D effect.
I cut out words and used the reverse side of the Chic to mount them on. I thought they needed edging so used Archival Red Geranium and a blending tool before I mounted them.
I also thought that the edge of the frame itself needed 'ending', sometimes if you don't edge something it looks as if it goes on forever, but a bit of ink around it makes a barrier so to speak.
you can just see the red ink in this photo (rubbish photo's by the way, I will endeavour to do better I promise). As a final throw, I added handmade flowers created from the left over bits of card. I used a large flower punch I have had for a while and the centre is the Cosmos from Martha Stewart. Bit of red ink around the edges, bit of scrunching and a button. Stuck it all down with trusty Cosmic Shimmer glue and there you have it.
Not a stamp in sight, I know, but quick and easy to make, effective as a gift and to be honest, a bargain make!!
Hope you liked..............