Saturday, 13 July 2013

Pottering about........

I am not a gardener but I love flowers so when I get time I must admit I fiddle about a bit.........the lastest fiddling was in order to bring some colour and order to the patio and quick!!

 The easiest way to do this is with pots or containers of some sort.............I am just a beginner here but if you want to see real expertise in the pots department you need to hop over to Sue Roddis blog and check out her garden..............now that is one expert! 
I found a couple of old wooden buckets at an antiques place a few miles away from me and have been meaning to do something with them for over a year now............perfect for filling with compost and planting. 
I chose small, delicate plants so not to over power the buckets........................I was now on a roll so every pot I could find became game for a makeover..............
traditional terracotta
how perfect is nature eh?

 and how do those bloody snails get up the side of a pot to eat my plants and the vanish??
LOL this is my mint pot........chocolate mint to be precise, very tasty in a cup of mint tea or a Pimms!
I know its a strawberry pot before you start lol, but I prefer flowers in it.
This is a wicker cone, fixed to the wall, not sure you can see the mauve plant in there very well but its flowers are amazing............you only get half!!
ah here you go, better photo....................
crowded in this pot...........but the flower at the front is very striking, the dark leaves against the flowers 
hmmm bit out of focus but never mind...........well, I still have alot to learn, I don't get much time to be honest but am happy with my patio for this year, cool evening with a glass of Pimms and bliss!
Don't overheat :)


8 comments:

Sue said...

Looking pretty good, it's amazing how some flowers can liven up an area.....thanks for the compliment re my garden:)

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Fabulous pots and planting. I love skaevols, the plant with the half flower , a favourite of mine. It's so rewarding seeing your pots flourish. Lovely. The chocolate mint sounds yummy . Tracy

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Skaevola even

Miriam said...

Lovely! That's my job tomorrow but it won't be as lovely as yours!

Miriam said...

Lovely! That's my job tomorrow but it won't be as lovely as yours!

Helen said...

They look pretty darn good to me!! I did see Sue's earlier, she has a lovely garden.

whyducks said...

So lovely and aren't those wooden buckets gorgeous! Bucket envy, big time.

Carol Q said...

love those wooden buckets Wendy, they all look fab. I reckon if I had more time, I would do more gardening but crafting comes first!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails