Goodly Morning Stampfans and a very Happy New Year to you all. I can't believe that we are already a week into 2013... tis going to be one of those "moving fast" years again I reckon! I am here today with my latest DT offering, I have been playing with book pages and paint and made a tag! The tag is a "normal" size 8 but you could use any size tag for this. I chose the size 8 because it fitted the book page perfectly... but if you wanted a larger tag, you could do a collage so the tag would be completely covered if you haven't got a large enough book. I glued the book page to the tag using Glue & Seal and ran a brayer over to remove any bubbles and wrinkles. A quick zap with a heat tool to dry off the glue and then I was ready to play. I cut a piece of Cut & Dry foam into a small square and popped a little Sand Eco Paint onto it, then spritzed with water and squidged it onto the craft sheet to spread it out. I then dragged the Cut & Dry over the tag to dull down the text and give a uniform colour backgroud. Another zap with a heat tool and then using a palette knife, I scraped small smidges of Sand Paint onto the tag in random fashion so some of the text was now covered over. Another zap of heat and then I added the very smallest of scrapes of Black Gesso to break up the background. What next? Yep, another zap of heat and then I set about colouring the background using Frayed Burlap and Walnut Stain DI's - using a damp paper towel to then remove some of the ink so it just sat on the non painty bits. I added a bit of stamping to the design - using Jet Black Archival ink and a flourish stamp. Just remember, if you use Archival ink on a non-porous surface, heat set it and then you won't get any inky smudges :O)
I used a stencil (Studio 490 Flowers) and some Embossing Paste (texture paste will be good to use too) and popped the flower onto the tag and set this aside to dry. Whilst that was drying off, I glued some dictionary page to some Clearly For Art (Clear flavour) and let this air dry, it doesn't take long using Glue & Seal because it does dry nice and quickly. I then stamped three butterflies (Studio 490 Art For You set) onto the dictionary paper side using Jet Black Archival. I cut the butterflies out and then used Festive Berries Distress Stain to colour them... I love those new Distress Stain colours! I then added a spritz of Ancient Copper Cosmic Shimmer to add a little bling to the butterflies. To shape them is simple. flip them over so the CFA side is facing you, hold your heat tool over the top and warm it up. You will know that it is ready to shape as it begins to "flutter" on your craft sheet. Pick it up (mind - it is HOT) and then shape whilst still warm. If they CFA goes cold before you have finishing forming your shape, just hold the already shaped bit in your hand and heat up the other bit... mind your fingers because the heat tool can be ferociously hot. Once they were shaped, I added some little pearls to the bodies. By now the embossing paste was set, so I added smidges of Treasure Gold to the raised bits. I added an Embellish Your Art rose to the middle (Studio 490 Blossom Bucket) and glued that in with Cosmic Shimmer glue. The finishing touches were adding some ribbon and the Adage Ticket in a little frame and rubbing some more Treasure Gold around the edges to bring the whole design together.
The goodies I used are available from The Stamp Attic and don't forget, if it isn't online, you can always call Wendy on 01235 760821 and she will be able to assist you. Thanks for looking... have a great week! TTFN
3 hours ago