Saturday, 22 December 2012

Snowflakes snowflakes everywhere

Well actually it's raining here and the only snowflakes are paper ones!

Gayle here wishing you a wonderful last weekend before Christmas :) if you're anything like me you're still dashing about getting bits and bobs, but of course there's always time for crafting :)

This is my last snowflake project of the year so it had to be snowflake heavy! I made a garland for some Christmas decor, thought this would be good either hanging over something or hanging up around the house; I may even make a few strings to hang from the ceiling over the table for our Christmas dinner I love them so much!
Using the large and mini snowflake rosettes, I went for a slightly different look this week, still colouring the base snowflake with blue and brown spray inks but colouring the smaller snowflake on top with tarnished brass Distress Stain before folding and gluing (strengthening the card with a strip of tissue tape as you'll find in videos of Tim demo-ing the rosettes helps them hold up to being inked and dried) - really liking this look! Snowflakes look pretty good in metallic :)

For the centre part of the larger snowflakes I coloured with blue spray ink and then painted over with glitter glue, but for the smaller ones the centre part is just coloured with tarnished brass Stain again.
I wanted the snowflakes to be finished on both sides so layered them back to back and then tied with white cotton thread (doubled up for strength but still easy to fit through the tiny holes in the snowflake).

Thank you for visiting today, you can find all the supplies I used at the very lovely Stamp Attic :) Wendy has had some amazing Advent offers so make sure you check out the latest one!

Wishing you all a wonderful festive season and all the very best for 2013! May Santa bring you all the crafty supplies on your list ;)

Gayle xx








5 comments:

scrappymo! said...

Lovely!

butterfly said...

They are so stunning, Gayle... I haven't quite got the knack yet, each one takes me ages, so I'm full of admiration! Also loving the look of your little houses in the photo there...
Have a wonderful Christmas... see you on the other side!
Alison x

Barb Cady said...

This is a wonderful idea, I hope I can have a snowflake play before Christmas is over! x

isisimaginings.com said...

Beautiful garland!!! I still struggle with the rosettes, but I really want the snowflake die. Goodness knows how long it will take me to make just one...

Sarah Anderson said...

these are absolutely STuNNiNG! Snowflakes are my favourite Christmas theme for cards, decorating and I'd not seen these rosettes xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails