Tuesday, 11 December 2012

One Stamp - Two Ways

Goodly Morning Stampfans and a happy Tuesday to you all.  This week I have been playing with some gorgeous new Paper Artsy stamps designed by Jo Firth-Young.  There are several mini sized stamps in the range, along with some larger A5 sized sets ... HERE are all the deets on how to get your paws on some.  The stamps are all beautifully hand drawn images and highly detailed which means that you can just have the stamped image on its own... which is what I did with the first card:



I inked the stamp with Jet Black Archival and stamped it onto sand coloured cardstock.  After heat setting the Archival Ink I lightly blended Frayed Burlap and then Vintage Photo Distress Ink around the edges of the card. Matted onto black and kraft coloured card and then mounted on 3D onto a card blank and then jazzed up a bit by adding little dots of Glossy Accents to highlight the baubles on the tree.  The sentiment was stamped directly onto the card base using Black Archival and it is from the new Tim Holtz Christmas Time collection.  Using the same Distress Inks to edge around the card brought the whole design together and to add a smidge of something extra, I used a very fine tipped black pen to add my own scribbles around the main image.



The alternative way I used the stamp is similar in as much as the stamped image is Black Archival again.  This time I stamped the image twice and cut out the tree and star.  Next I used Mowed Lawn Distress Ink to blend lightly around the edge of the main image, matting it onto black card and adding a sentiment in the same way.  Next, to keep the bright colours going, I used some of the new Distress Stains - Picked Raspberry, Mowed Lawn and Peacock Feathers and smidged the colours onto my craft sheet and then used a fine tip brush to collect the colours and painted in to the cut out tree.  This was then dried and added to the base image with 3D foam.  I added the Glossy Accents dots as before onto the baubles and star and then I used the fine tipped pen again, this time scribbling around the edges of the base card to tie the design together.  These stamps are just so delicate and pretty, I can see I will be using them lots on my Xmas cards this year!

The Ingredients:
JoFY Mini 1 stamp
Tim Holtz Collection - Christmas Time
Frayed Burlap, Vintage Photo, Mowed Lawn Distress Ink
Mowed Lawn, Picked Raspberry, Peacock Feathers Distress Stains
Archival Ink - Jet Black 
Glossy Accents

That's all from me for this week... I hope you like my simple yet pretty Christmas card ideas! Thanks for looking... TTFN!

Hels x

8 comments:

Helen said...

They really are gorgeous stamps - and so are your cards. So that's 2 done off your list then....!!

val jones said...

Lovely cards Hels, They look great whether coloured in or not.

Val in Spain xxx

Cornish Emma said...

2 lovely xmas cards, ideal for bulk makes as simple but stunning. Love the image. Emma

Patricia Howarth said...

Morning Hels, I love these stamps, your cards are beautiful, lovely colours, I love your free-hand drawing around the focal point stamping, goes really well with the stamp.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

flutterbycrafter said...

These are two gorgeous cards, so beautiful

butterfly said...

Two great cards, but me being me - it's the neutral one that wins for me!!
Alison x

Craftychris said...

Both these cards are fab - I think I will be using some of these stamps for my next years cards - they are brilliant! xx

May said...

Beautiful cards, Love them both.. Hugs May x x x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails