Tuesday, 4 December 2012

Fabulous Faux Porcelain

Hellllooooo Stampfans, another Tuesday which means another day for my DT offering.  This week I have been playing with my Melt Pot and have made some Faux Porcelain embellishments.  If you haven't seen Faux Porcelain before HERE is a tutorial on how to do the technique - it is seriously easy too... and you get some really gorgeous effects with it.



I wanted to keep the tag quite plain and basic so the Tattered Poinsettia really stood out.  I inked and blended the tag with Old Paper, Frayed Burlap and Vintage Photo DI, spritzing and flicking water to achieve some bleachy spots and then overstamping using Frayed Burlap DI and the music and crackle stamps from Tim's Joyful Song stamp set.  I used my scissors to scruff up the edges of the tag to make it a bit more distressed.



I cut a load of Bazzill cardstock using the Tattered Poinsettia, Holly Branch, Branch Tree, Tattered Pinecone., Stacked Words and Festive Greenery Alterations dies - I love these dies, they just add something simple to a project, or use them together for a more elaborate embellishment.  I melted clear UTEE in my Melt Pot and once it was molten I dipped each diecut into the UTEE, coating it thoroughly and then popping onto my craft sheet to allow it to cool.  Once cooled but not cold, I gently manipulated the shapes making them more 3d when assembled.  Finishing touches were some organza ribbon and a few bits of Idea-ology.



The Ingredients:
Melt Pot
Clear UTEE
Sizzix Alterations
Tim Stamps
Distress Inks
Idea-ology

Thanks for looking... have a fab week!  TTFN

Hels x

11 comments:

Helen said...

what a great idea with the utee! Love this tag.

Gez said...

WOW! FAB tag, great idea Hels

Patricia Howarth said...

Hi Hels, This tag is absolutely beautiful, I love the UTEE effect on the poinsettia die-cuts and leaves etc. Your compilation is gorgeous.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

Stamping in Pink said...

Today you get a COR and a WOW, love it Hels, really gorgeous x

butterfly said...

Utterly stunning - that winter bouquet is to die for!
Alison x

Caz said...

Love the tags Hels - I've done that die to death on my Xmas cards!
xxxx

Cornish Emma said...

Oh WOW WOW WOW, this is absolutely stunning, it really shines. I love it Hels. Emma

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Wow, that's a wonderful tag.

Mandy Chilvers said...

stunning

Marja's Stamp Addiction en Marja's Creativity said...

WOW gorgeous Tag. Love the beautiful poinsettia. Marvelous work
lovely greet
Marja

Anita Houston said...

Most gorgeous Poinsettia ever!!! WOW!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails