Tuesday, 18 December 2012

Batches...

Goodly Morning Stampfans!  Cor, I don't know about you but I still haven't got all my Christmas cards made!  I know, I am leaving it a smidge late... which is why I am doing some batching this year.  I do like a bit of the methodical and making cards that are all similar is so much quicker and means I can actually give all my friends a handmade card this year!  The designs are so simple and quick... I would estimate about 10 - 15 mins per card.  The stamp set I am using is the Christmas Time set by Tim Holtz, I do love the shabby and vintage look of the images, they lend themselves to a clean and simple card.



Card one: I stamped the holly using Olive Archival onto cream card.  After a quick zap with a heat tool to make sure the ink was dry, I tore the end off the card and then edged around it with Forest Moss Distress Ink.  I wrapped some Paper String around the card, adding a little Christmas Muse Token and then matted onto brown Bazzill cardstock using 3d foam.  The card was finished with a smidge of inking around the edges and stamping the sentiment in Jet Black Archival.




Card two: Using cream card again, I stamped the poinsettia in Coffee Archival (you could use markers and colour the stamp so you have a coloured poinsettia).  Another quick zap to heat set the ink and a smidge of Fired Brick DI around the edges.  Again I tore the card and wrapped some Paper String around it, mounting it onto brown Bazzill as before.  I used Gathered Twigs to blend around the edges of the base card and stamped the sentiment in Jet Black Archival.

The Ingredients:
Tim Holtz - Christmas Time stamp set
Archival Ink
Distress Ink
Muse Tokens
Paper String



Well, that's all from me for now... wishing you all a very Merry Christmas and hoping 2013 is a good year for you.  TTFN

Hels x

6 comments:

Wendy said...

Off to 'batch', fab idea, thanks x

Helen said...

Batching is great when you leave it late....! love them, Hels.

Stamping in Pink said...

these are gorgeous - love the stamps x

Redanne said...

Hels, both cards are beautiful and I too, love those stamps. Hugs, Anne x

Cornish Emma said...

Hi Hels, lovely cards, ideal for xmas when we need to batch make simple but lovely cards. These fit the bill exactly and will look fab on the mantle piece. Emma

Barb Cady said...

Brilliant Hels, I'm so behind I'm late for next years! xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails