Tuesday, 27 November 2012

Wrinkles!

Goodly Morning Stampfans... I am back this week to show you my wrinkles!  Not the face type, no the cool ones you can get when you add a little bit of tissue paper to some Glue & Seal.  I have made a tag but you can use this technique on loads of different surfaces.



Using Matte Glue & Seal is a personal preference, you can use the Gloss flavour - and it is a really nice satin effect, not at all in your face.  I simply painted a layer of Glue & Seal over a tag and then cut a piece of tissue paper (I used Tim's Tissue Wrap) larger than the tag and then laid it over the gluey surface and as I placed it down I gently wrinkled it.  Once it had enough wrinkles, I used a brayer to stick the paper down properly.  I then trimmed off the excess tissue paper.  I used Cool Peri and Eggplant Dabbers to colour the tissue paper, using a babywipe to smudge and blend the colours.  I dried with a heat tool and then used Seedless Preserves DI to blend a little more colour around the edges.



Next I folded the tissue paper four times and made a fringe along one edge by repeatedly snippping into it... then rolled it around my finger to make a pom=pom stylee flower and stapled it together.  I used more of the Seedless Preserves to colour the tissue paper, added a little Idea-ology Accoutrement and used silicone glue to attach it to the tag base.  I made another fringe in the same way to pop on the bottom of the tag and added a line of pearls for extra decoration.  The word is an Adage Ticket popped into an Ornate Frame and then a quick bow and dangly bits finished the tag.  All of the goodies I used are available from The Stamp Attic.   

Thanks for looking... TTFN

Hels x

10 comments:

Cornish Emma said...

Fabulous wrinkle effect using tissue paper, must try this. Love these colours. Emma

Helen said...

Lovely effect, Hels. Must do this one again...

Rita said...

Fabulous Tag. I will certainly give this a try Hels and I do love your pom-pom flower too. TFS. Hugs Rita xx

nannapat said...

Stunning tag Hels - I love the pom pom flower and will def give it a go. Pat x

val jones said...

Beautiful effect Hels.

Val in Spain xxx

Carole Z said...

Beautiful tag Hels, gorgeous effect! Carole Z X

butterfly said...

Delicious tag!
Alison x

Patricia Howarth said...

Morning Hels, This tag is absolutely gorgeous, love the use of Tim's tissue wrap, and the colours are beautiful, love the fringed flower and the embellies too. Gorgeous tag, Hels.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

Joanie said...

Great tag Hels, love the pom pom flower Joan x

Craftychris said...

Fabulous tag, love the tissue techniques and the colours are gorgeous xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails