Friday, 9 November 2012

We wish you a Merry Christmas!

Happy Friday! Gayle here with a Christmas themed piece using Tim's Retro Holiday stamps :) I had some wooden spools to use and spent ages rearranging things to make this piece, just could not make my mind up :-D
I used Tim's music tissue tape to wrap around the spools with some gold tinsel, and sprayed some irridescent gold Cosmic Shimmer to give the spools some sparkle.
The wreath and Christmas tree are Idea-ology Woodland Miniatures coloured with bottle green Alcohol Ink and 'decorated' with gold Stickles!  The wreath is tied onto some fired brick Distress Stained crinkle ribbon with some thread.

The snowman is stamped with red ink on card and rounded to give him some shape; from the side he looks like this:-
...and from the front he looks like this!
The Merry Christmas is stamped on manuscript paper in red ink; I folded a small piece of card and glued it to the back to make it stand up on top of the spool.
Let me know what you think, this is an unusual piece for me!
You can get everything I used at The Stamp Attic, thanks for visiting today :)

Have a great weekend

Gayle xx

5 comments:

isisimaginings.com said...

I love it, it's gorgeous!

Rita said...

Oh Wow, this is really stunning. I love the spools. Hugs Rita xx

dianapena8 said...

LOVE IT! you used so many cool techniques, I really like how the stickles look on the tree and on that adorable wreath. =Di

Tami G said...

this is so pretty.. really unique..

butterfly said...

Such a cool project from Gayle! Love it...
Alison x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails