Friday, 30 November 2012

Merry Christmas darling

Soooo loving these Christmas posts :) if only because I get to trot out every Christmas song in my titles LOL

Gayle here with something a little different - a Christmas bouquet!  Loving these Christmas poinsettias :) 
 Using the Alterations tattered poinsettia diecut cut out of white card, I coloured the flowers with either red (festive berries) or green (evergreen boughs) winter Distress Ink and sprayed them with water, dried and stamped with the tree stamp from the gorgeous Retro Holidays set.  I inked the edges with the same colour and then dried and inked again in frayed burlap Distress with an ink blending tool.
I bent the petals into shape and glued the centres into place with Glossy Accents, then embellished with gold Stickles (you know I love these!)

I made a cone out of sheet music and inked the top edge with frayed burlap Distress, then stamped Merry Christmas from the Retro Holidays set onto a blank piece of paper which I distressed around the edges.  I glued it to the cone with Glossy Accents, and left the edges free to curl.
I improvised a bit with the flowers! I knew I wanted something strong for the stems so I used plant sticks (usually you stick these in the earth and tie your plants to them to support them) to make the stems of the flowers; I used the glue gun to stick the flowers onto the stems on because I wanted them to stick fast at the angle I wanted (glossy accents doesn't quite do it!) - I decided they needed to face forwards so that they could be displayed lying down or as a wall piece.
Thanks for visiting today! I would love to hear what you think so leave some love if you like it :) you can get everything I used at the very festive Stamp Attic :)  I will be visiting there tomorrow for a class with the very lovely Hels (look out, I may need some Melt Art supplies after this!)

Happy weekend!

Gayle xx

8 comments:

Helen said...

Love this posy of flowers, it makes a great decoration. You can't go wrong with the poinsettia die!!

isisimaginings.com said...

Such a pretty posy, the flowers are gorgeous. I'm hoping I'll have that die in time for next Christmas.

Rita said...

Tracy, this posy is Stunning and will certainly grace your wall at Christmas. Hugs Rita xx

Silvia(Barnie) said...

How cool, that's a wonderful idea.

Netty said...

Loving your posy of flowers, so pretty for Christmas. xx

butterfly said...

Wow - such a clever idea, beautifully done!
Alison x

Wendy said...

stunning in real life, its such a shame you cannot see the twinkle of the flowers, I just love this piece Gayle, thanks x

Gez said...

Very pretty Gayle. Fabby idea

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails