Friday, 23 November 2012

I wish it could be Christmas everyday

Happy Friday! Gayle here with another Christmas themed post - loving these so much, it's really getting me in the mood :) 

I have decorated gift boxes to share today, using the Alterations pillow box, snowflake rosette and tattered poinsettia dies.  

This first box uses the Christmas Distress inks for the background with the caption and Santa stamps from the very lovely Stampers Anonymous Retro Holiday set (see the last picture in this post for the back of the boxes) stamped in coffee Archival.  I also stamped the branches from the same set and mesh from IndigoBlu's Sarah's Choice set, and added some gold cord and some Ideaology festive foliage coloured with red pepper and bottle alcohol ink.  I overstamped the caption with tarnished brass Distress Stain to give it some Christmas bling :)

The second box uses the snowflake rosette technique I described last week on a box coloured with blue and brown Shimmer Mists; the background is a Tim Holtz script stamp stamped in coffee Archival.  I inked the edges of the box with walnut stain Distress Ink and added a label from the pillowbox die that was sprayed with the same colours as the box and inked around the edges.

This final box was coloured all over with antique linen Distress Stain and then stamped with the branch from the Retro Holiday set in festive berries and evergreen bough seasonal Distress.  The poinsettia was inked in the same colours and then sprayed with water and dried with a heatgun; I stamped the branches onto the flowers as well to give them some texture and then inked the edges of the flower and the box with walnut stain Distress Ink.  I curled the petals before sticking the layers of the flower together, and blinged up the centre and the petal edges with some gold Stickles.  Again I used a label from the pillowbox die inked to match the box.

 And there you have it! These were lots of fun, I knew I wanted to try this die out as soon as I saw it and Christmas provided some inspiration :) The picture below shows the back of each box (the first one needed a Santa on the back for extra festive spirit!)
You can find everything I used at The Stamp Attic - hope you enjoyed today's post, have a good weekend!

Gayle xx

6 comments:

isisimaginings.com said...

They are beautiful,I love the cool colours of the second one.

Helen said...

These are really beautiful, I think I need this pillow box die...then I could get ahead for next Christmas (as this one is seemingly close!)

Wendy said...

Oh my you have done it again............just wonderful, and its that snowflake, I am going to have to find some time to get some made lol

Rita said...

Gayle, I love them all. Your boxes are really stunning and I think I will get the die after seeing your beautiful work. Enjoy your day. Hugs Rita xx

butterfly said...

Your little boxes are just delightful! It's a great die...
Alison x

Netty said...

Loving your decorated boxes Gayle, x

Related Posts with Thumbnails