Friday, 16 November 2012

Every snowflake is different...

...I remember reading that somewhere, that every single one is slightly different from the next :) I think mine might all be a little different!  Gayle here with my DT project this week - a wall hanging!   Again something new for me but just loving these snowflake rosettes :)

I had thought about making a wreath, but liked the idea of the sparkly snowflakes having some free movement so I wanted something to hang them from....
 ...so I rolled up a magazine, covered it in sheet music and taped it with tissue tape!  This made the base to hang my snowflakes from; I tied some jute cord to either end and tied in the middle to make a hanger.
 All of the snowflakes are tied to the main bar and each other with white thread.
 The title is from the Retro Holidays stamp set, stamped in broken china Distress Ink on paper and then distressed with frayed burlap.
 Each snowflake apart from the central one is edged with music tissue tape and then glued in place, sprayed with blue and brown shimmer inks and accented with icicle Stickles.
 They are a lot more sparkly in real life! Loved this effect :)
Hope you enjoyed your visit today, thanks for calling in!  You can get everything I used at The Stamp Attic, hopefully you are starting to think about a few Christmas projects - not long now ;)

Have a great weekend

Gayle xx

9 comments:

Helen said...

Gorgeous! I have been wondering how to use my snowflakes from that die!!

Fuchsia said...

Oh I was thinking of doing something for my window this year using that die What a fab idea
Thanks this is so inspirational x

Wendy Gale said...

Wow, what a fab idea, thinking I might need some for the shop window now.........better get the BigShot out LOL, thanks Gayle, they are wonderful x

Krisha said...

What a great idea!! This turned out beautiful, now I want that die!! LOL

EmmiLu said...

wow! These are fab.... I've been tempted by that die before now, too!

dianapena8 said...

Stunning Gayle! this is a fantastic project, Love it! =Di

isisimaginings.com said...

Very, very lovely!!

butterfly said...

Absolutely gorgeous - what a wonderful way to display these beauties!
Alison x

The Scrappy Tree said...

These are gorgeous! What a beautiful idea G!

Kxxx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails