Monday, 1 October 2012

TANDO CREATIVE BIRTHDAY BLOG HOP

Morning all, Tracy here, I would like to welcome you all to a fabulous RETAILER BLOG HOP celebrating Tando Creative's birthday in conjunction with The Stamp Attic.

If you arrived here from www.creativecraftworld.blogspot.com you are on the right track, however, should you get lost along the way I have included a full list at the bottom of my post to make it a little easier for you all to follow. If you are visiting The Stamp Attic blog today for some other reason and you would like a chance to win some fabulous Tando Creative products, please join the hop and start back at the beginning at www.tando-creative.blogspot.com.

As part of the blog hop we are showcasing Tando Creative products and I decided to decorate one of the fabulous CARRIAGE CLOCKS, and as part of the hop Wendy from The Stamp Attic will be giving away one of these fabulous clocks to one randomly drawn winner from the comments left on my post.  The winner will be drawn and announced on Monday 8th October 2012.
This is the Carriage Clock before any decoration, made of very sturdy chipboard and fabulous for altering. As we are now into October it had to be a Halloween themed clock for me, I could not miss the opportunity, I need as many as I can get to use all the fabulous Halloween goodies Wendy has in the shop.
The first step always an important one for me, how to add interest and texture to my background. This time around I decided on tissue paper, luckily I found some in an old shoe box, perfect for recycling.  I simply tore the tissue into small pieces and scrunched up each piece and then adhered with PVA adding a little water to the mix.
From this close up shot you can see the fabulous texture the tissue gives and once painted you will never know it started life as plain white tissue. Now onto the decoration.

As you can see from my completed CARRIAGE CLOCK you would never know we covered the clock in tissue but look at the wonderful texture it gives to my piece.    The next step was to paint the tissue with a coat of Americana burnt orange acrylic paint and as this is of fabulous quality only one coat was needed, I then set my clock aside to dry. Whilst my chipboard was drying I set to work on decorating the inside panel, deciding how to decorate the apertures. To keep to the Halloween feel I coloured white card with Distress Inks rusty hinge and walnut stain. I added colours to my non stick craft sheet and spritzed with water, mopping up the beads of ink with my card and then drying between each application of ink to prevent any muddy colours. I also added a few splatters of gold Paint Dabber for a little more interest. Once my background was completely dry I then drew around my carriage clock onto scrap paper, marking the position of each aperture, I then cut out each aperture from the scrap paper and used these as a mask. I used the fabulous NEVERMORE image from Stampendous to stamp into four of my apertures using black archival ink. I then set this piece aside until I was ready to assemble the clock.
I then moved back to the carriage clock and a little more painting was needed to tone down the burnt orange just a little and to give more of a weathered grungy feel to my piece.  I dry brushed a little Americana burnt umber paint over the top of the orange and then added highlights of gold Paint Dabber, giving me the perfect finish I was looking for. I also decorated the back of my clock in the same way. I added the numbers 9 and 3 using Mini Numerals colouring with Alcohol Inks in ginger, rust and butterscotch.
Once all the painting was complete and dry I then assembled my clock adhereing all the chipboard together ready for a liitle more embellishing.  I added a spiders web another of the fabulous chipboard pieces from Tando Creative to the clock face, paining with black Paint Dabber with highlights of burnt umber, adding a little texture paste prior to any painting. Wendy has some fabulous Texture Sand in stock that would also give wonderful texture to any piece before painting. The hands of my clock were also given the same paint and texture treatment before being assembled.
The wonderful chipboard pumpkins are also from the Tando Creative range and have again been texturised and painted, adding gold Paint Dabber to the edges.  I cut two bats from greyboard using the Bewitching Hour die or the Mini Bat and Skull set, texturised, painted and added to my clock, perfect touch for a Halloween creation.
I cut the witch from Shrink Plastic using the Bewitching Hour die, painted the shrink plastic with Gesso, allowed to dry and then painted with a little black marble Dylusions Ink Spray and then heated with my heat tool to shrink. For a little more dimension and texture I then added clear embossing powder over the top of the witch. I followed the same steps for my mini bat which I added to the top of my pumpkin. I printed BEWITCHING HOUR on my computer, added to card, coloured with rusty hinge Distress Ink and added to the bottom of my clock.  I coated the clock in a good thick coat of Multi Medium Matte to give protection.
If you leave a comment on all the blogs along the way you are in with a chance to win the fabulous prize above which includes:


Mad Hatters Top Hat kit, 4 Horse Carousel, Village in a Box kit, Multi Panel Frame kit, Mask-Haunted House, Mask-Poppy Field, Mask-Splatters, Mask-Sequin Waste, Mask-Snowflakes, Works of Parts kits small-Come Fly with Me, Jewellery Pendant Offset, Jewellery Square, Jewellery Heart, Cogs Grab Bag, Butterfly Grab Bag, Mini 3D Birdhouse, Mini Bookplates, Compass Duo, Tando Minis: Bells and Holly, Keys, Snowflakes, Music, Flowers and Leaves2.
(Prize value is RRP of over £90)

Your next stop on the hop is www.gillscraftstudio.co.uk/blog/

Thanks so much for stopping by and participating in the hop, your comments are much appreciated. ENJOY and the very best of luck.   TRACY EVANS

BLOG HOP LIST:


The Craft Barn
Crafty Individuals
Barjanbscrafts
The Scrapbook Garden Blog
Creative Craft World Challenge Blog
The Stamp Attic
Gill's Craft Studio
Rosemary Merry 
3d Jean
Tando Creative

90 comments:

PiHi said...

This is halloween :D Very inspiring project. Thank you for sharing!

tee said...

ohhh Loving the halloween clock! thank you for letting me have a nosey around you blog and for the chance to win such awesome goodies! X

Karen said...

Just amazing & thank-you for the chance to win

HiggiSue said...

Loving this and now find another Feb blog as I go through the challenge. what a fabulous pack of goodies...just wonderful. thankyou for the chance.

Ginger said...

Nice carriage clock Tracy. x

LindaS said...

Totally cool work. Your background really highlights each of those wonderful decorated "Windows". WTG girl.

Sallie Ward said...

Wow, love this and your tissue technique! x

Trudie said...

WOW! I am obsessed with Halloween so I totally love this! The texture on everything is amazing. I especially love the clock face, its stunning! Time to get messy! xx

Mary J said...

LOVE! the texture is stunning!

Suzanne B aka brookfies said...

Tracy ...your work is usual is stunning...so much depth and texture. Pleased to participate in the blog hopping. Suzanne B

Marlies said...

Wauw what a great clock, nice colors.

Marlies

Suzi said...

Wow!! Tracy, this is stunning, thank you for the tip on how to get that textured look. Fabulous. It's been a great Hop.
Hugs
Suzi x

Gez said...

STUNNING clock Tracy. Love, love, love your background, you would never know like you say! Fab colours & stamps used. Gez

mara said...

I love the bats on your clock face, and the texture, thanks for the tutorial and great ideas.

MiniOwner said...

Oooh spooky! A super tutorial. Thanks you.
Sue x

darcydaydream said...

thats an amazing project and amaze-balls blog candy. Thanks for taking part in the hop......x

turquoise said...

Spooky clock love it x

Jacqui Chimes said...

Great project and blog hop

Glennis said...

Fabulous project - thanks for sharing

she3655 said...

Oh I love your clock, it's Fab... thanks for sharing. Great blog hop and candy xx

karen said...

what a faboulous piece Very creative. Thanks for the tutorial

carnalily said...

love all the textures in this one and a great thing to make and bring out each year, thanks for this x

Sue Collins-Houghton said...

Love the way you used the tissue to get some texture, clours are great.

ChilliJeanie said...

I absolutely love this. It's probably my favourite project in the blog hop so far!

Jo Hough said...

I love it! Especially the spiders web behind the clock hands. You've inspired me to start my Halloween decorations.

Jo x

cadenas said...

super

Maggie said...

Oh Wow Tracy a fabulous Haloween Carriage Clock project love it all!
Thanks for sharing on this blog hop!
MaggieH :)

Netty said...

Smashing carriage clock, x

leigh11 said...

this is amazing!!! Love the Halloween theme :)

paulaexuk said...

Fabulous Halloween project great techniques. Thank you for participating as a retailer contributor to the Tando Creative Birthday Blog Hop.

Anne said...

Thank you for being part of the Tando Blog hop and offering a super prize!

Kay said...

I love this clock! I don't usually do Halloween but that raven is seriously calling to me!

lainey said...

WOW love it!! love the tissue paper effect, enjoying my first blog hop :) lainey x

Karen Parsons said...

An amazing idea for halloween, love the tissue texture :-)

annemarks said...

Very spooky its a great effect :)

Janet said...

spookily fabulous
Janet

TiaraHelen said...

Lovely scrunchy texture with the tissue paper! Thanks for the hop.

Amber said...

All the projects on this hop are just stunning!! So glad I have today off because all of this creativity has got me going and now I am gonna hop into my studio and create something!!

Fiona (anubis 1 ) said...

I love anything Halloween related and this project is a beauty. So glad I am on this blog hop, the inspiration is amazing from all of you.

Dana Tatar {datatar} said...

Super cool piece! I love how you used the tissue paper! Thanks for the inspiration. =)

butterfly said...

Loved this over at yours, Tracy - and it's fabulous to have a step-by-step to look at it in detail! Still loving the texture (wondered if it was tissue paper - patting self on back for spotting it now!), and that spider's web is even better in close-up! Fabulous inspiration, and a great hop so far - thanks so much to all involved!
Alison x

Suzy said...

Fab project

Lillibelle said...

What a great, fabulous Halloween inspiration!
That's absolutely fantastic and really gorgeous.
A great contribution to the great birthday of Tando Creative.

Janet Wilson said...

Spooky clock, very original idea

die amelie said...

Yesss! This is just adorably creepy! Love your Halloween spooky project!!!

die amelie x

Craftyfield said...

Love that spiderweb clockface ! Fantastic project for Halloween.

Miriam Prantner said...

What a transformation! Love all the texture you achieved on this!

Carol said...

what a great finish to the clock - loving the use of the hallowe'en pieces too...

Dawn Louise said...

Mega impressed with your project, it's amazing what some tissue paper n glue can do for us stampers and our makes, thanks for the reminder to play with this technique and happy birthday tando x

LoraineC said...

Love what you have done with the tissue loved the ideas!

Cardarian said...

I am not much of a halloween fan but this project has converted me - love all the texture!
Cardarian

jan.safc.73 said...

love the halloween theme to you clock xx

Gini said...

Spooktacular carriage clock Tracy and a fabulous blog hop!
Gini
xx

Craftychris said...

Scarily amazing! Love the tissue paper effect - very cool! Fab blog hop! xx

ionabunny said...

A wonderful project. I love the spider web. Very halloween. Your blog is very inspirational. I'll be back soon

Elaine said...

Great design - love the texture on the clock and that spider's web as the clock face is inspired. Love it!!

Rose said...

Fabulous Carriage Clock. Love the use of tissue paper for adding texture, it looks great.

Denise and Louise said...

Your clock is gorgeous and the tissue paper really does give it great texture - shall certainly have to give this a try.
Thanks for the chance to win some great candy.
Hugs
Denise xx

Wendy said...

Thanks for a great change to win a fantastic prize.

Regards

Wendy XX

Ali said...

What a fun, fabulous halloween project. I love your idea of using the tissue paper to create texture. :)

Ali

Tracey-B said...

Loving the grunge feel with this project and the Halloween theme is perfect for it! Great tutorial on another great stop on the blog hop!

CraftyJo said...

How spooky is this!!!? Fabulously Hallow'een'y - I love it.

Kate said...

What an awesome technique. Thanks for the tutorial! Such a gorgeous project! Can't wait to try it.

suzieq23 said...

The clock is WOW! Love the way you converted it into a great piece of art. Also thanks for the opportunity to win some great Tando prizes.

lavendarrose29 said...

What a fabulous clock. I love the texture with the tissue paper. Thanks for sharing.

hotpotato said...

more gorgeous products.

Francesca said...

I have been looking at this clock for some time, I may just purchase now . Love the Halloween theme. Francesca

Ellen said...

Thanks for sharing this great project. Really love the spiderweb clock face and the texture on the clock! Ellen

Rosalee said...

That does look bewitching. Great job.
Hugs, Rosalee

Dawn Ruth said...

This is absolutely fab I love the grungy look and what a great halloween item

Julia S-W said...

Great Halloween clock!! I did one of these with Andy Skinner so I'm already a fan of the the Tando Carriage clock! Great blog hop and opportunity to win lovely candy. Thanks very much for sharing this wonderful textural piece with us.
Juliax

Janet said...

I've never seen this kit before--just love the shape and how you've made it work so well with all the tools you've used. Awesome!

Lisette Baker said...

Wow,wow and WOW! This is truly amazing. Love that texture, actually I love it all.

Lisette Baker said...

Wow wow and WOW again. Love the texture, love the background, just love it all really. Inspirational.

Karen McAlpine said...

I like your idea of using tissue paper! Great project and thanks for sharing!!

Scrapmate said...

The base is an unusual clock and you have decorated it in a wonderful way.

Elizabethanne said...

Great Halloween clock. Very spooky :-)

Coby said...

I'm not a Halloweenlover but love your work, so beautiful made! Great!
Coby

tracy said...

love your clock-liking the background-great idea ;)

Joan said...

a grea spooky clock - almost makes me want to do halloween

Korry said...

I love this, Halloween and a clock, that is fabulous !

EmmiLu said...

Hopping... Lovely seasonal idea... I guess I'll be looking for a clock kit next time I'm in the shop...

Elaine said...

Great project, love that clock, brilliant texture.

jan.safc.73 said...

hi popped back for another gander at the gorgeous clock on the blog hop keep up the good work thanks janice xx

ursula said...

Wow what inspiration from all these wonderful creations, amazing. Well done! thanks Ursula X

Julia said...

Blog hopping is such a great idea. Love that Halloween clock. Thanks for sharing,
Julia

coco said...

Wooooowwwwwww ! I'm hopping from France, and love your fabulous Halloween project !! and Tissue paper is great indeed to add such beautiful texture. Thanks for sharing and show us this wonderful clock, brrrr ! Coco x

knitter99 said...

Fabulous clock. The tissue effect is superb & looks like as it has cobwebs sticking to it. Love the colors & cordinating numbers. Thanks for your project idea. Cannot wait to make one.

Janet said...

WOW !!! love your clock,my shopping list is getting longer LOL
Janet x

Joanna said...

Great project. Love tissue technique. Joanna

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails