Tuesday, 16 October 2012

Pretty Poinsettia

Goodly Morning Stampfans.  I have been playing with Christmas stuff this week...   Starting with the deelish Poinsettia Alterations die which has gone straight in to number 1 in my fave stash things hit parade!  I have made a tag, using Distress Stains and Inks, some Tim Holtz Stamps and of course, the Poinsettia.  Here's how I made it:


 
The tag was coloured with Old Paper Distress Stain and dried. I then smooshed some Frayed Burlap DI onto my craft sheet, spritzed with water, dipped the tag, dried it, dipped it again and dried again.  I then blended around the edges with more Frayed Burlap and Gathered Twigs (from the Seasonal Autumn DI Set - which is back in stock!)   The poinsettia was cut using the die and Grungeboard, coloured with Fired Brick and Peeled Paint DI and assembled.  I added a Tattered Banner and some of the Festive Greenery from the Alterations Strip dies, using Core-dinations card for this, sanding the edges to make them shabby and then layering them underneath the poinsettia.




The sentiment was stamped in Black Soot DI and clear embossed, then the card was coloured with more of the Frayed Burlap DI with a smidge of Gathered Twigs around the edges to tone them in.  I added a bit of stamping over the base of the tag using a Tim script stamp and Frayed Burlap... I then assembled the tag as shown and added some ribbon and some pearls along with an Idea-ology Christmas Muse Token and a Trinket Pin.  The ingredients I used are all available from The Stamp Attic.

Thanks for looking... TTFN!

Hels x

9 comments:

Helen said...

I've been playing with this die too, it is - to die for!!! Your tag is fab.

Buttons said...

Loving that poinsettia in grungeboard. It looks strokeably good that way. Hugs, Buttons x

Aquarius said...

This is gorgeous and despite having a couple of poinsettia dies already I might NEED this one too - it so much nicer than the ones I have!!

Redanne said...

Oh what a beautiful tag Hels, that poinsettia is fabulous and so dimensional in the grungeboard and I really love that sentiment. Crafty hugs, Anne x

Annie said...

Stunning tag Hels the Poinsttia is so beautiful

Annie x

Alexandra said...

Gorgeous tag Hels, I've still to get my mitts on this poinsettia die. I love the sentiment, it's so decorative in itself.

Patricia Howarth said...

Morning Hels, I love, love, love this tag, it is 'fantabuloso', I love everything 'Tim' and you have done him proud with this tag.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

Julia S-W said...

Just gorgeous. Love the colours and that you've textured the poinsettia too - makes it even more special!
Juliaxx

butterfly said...

How lovely is that? Beautiful neutral tag letting that fabulous poinsettia shine!
Alison x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails