Tuesday, 23 October 2012

Be You...

Goodly Morning Stampfans, another week has passed us by and today is my day for the DT.  I have been playing with some gorgeous new Studio 490 stashly goodies and have made a simple tag.  The colours of Autumn never fail to inspire me which is why I went with these ones.  The Distress range is so versatile for recreating all of Mother Nature's wonderful palette of colours too.



The base of the tag was lightly spritzed with water and then I dragged Scattered Straw, Wild Honey and Rusty Hinge Distress Stains over it, making sure I got the colours ever so slightly overlapping so they blended nicely.  I zapped it with a heat tool to dry it off and then used Walnut Stain Distress Ink to edge around the tag to frame the design.  Next I took the gorgeous honeycomb stamp from Art For You stamp set and used Walnut Stain Distress Marker to ink a few patches of the stamp.  The reason for this is that I wanted to have a patchy worn effect on the tag base, if you ink all of it you will stamp all of it.  I stamped three butterflies (from the same set) onto Grungepaper using Jet Black Archival Ink and cut them out.  Then I coloured with Fired Brick and Walnut Stain, zapping with a heat tool to gently dry the ink (don't overcook Grunge, it goes all mean and nasty with too much heat)  The Wildflower was stamped with the corresponding stamp onto Art Part (Wildflower sets) using more Jet Black and then I used Distress Markers to colour it: Peeled Paint, Rusty Hinge and Fired Brick.  I edged underneath the image to add some shadow by scribbling the Walnut Stain Marker onto my craft sheet and then picking up the ink with a waterbrush and then using the fine tip end to add a few lines of dark around the Wildflower.  The finishing touches are the stamped words and coloured seam binding (using the same Distress Stains) along with a smidge of brass charms to add that extra little something.




The Ingredients I used are:

Studio 490 Wildflower Stamp Set
Studio 490 Art For You Stamp Set
Studio 490 Wildflower Art Parts
Distress Stains: Scattered Straw, Wild Honey, Rusty Hinge, Fired Brick
Distress Markers: Walnut Stain, Peeled Paint, Rusty Hinge, Fired Brick
Jet Black Archival Ink
Grungepaper


Thanks for looking... TTFN

Hels x 
 

10 comments:

Patricia Howarth said...

Morning Hels, I love this project so much, I have nearly all the ingredients to try this myself. I love the colours, so warm and enveloping, like a 'big hug'. The flowers and butterflies are stupendous and the stamping is gorgeous. I love the finishing touches of embellies and ribbon.
Superb tag, Hels.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

Cornish Emma said...

Stunning autumn colours which are lovely and warming, i love the honeycomb stamp and butterflies. Emma

gayle said...

Gorgeous warm colours :) gotta love those art parts!

Stamping in Pink said...

gorgeous tag, love the autumnal rich colours! those art parts are tormenting me lol! Karen

Anonymous said...

lovely warm hunnyness. am being me right now and scoffing a biccy.x

Fliss said...

Gorgeous creation Hels and more for the wish list I think!
Fliss x

lynne said...

A beautiful Autumnal feel to this tag.
Wishes
Lynne

LindaS said...

Gorgeous tag. Love the colors and images especially the on
Butterflie on the flower looks perfect.

Julia S-W said...

Gorgeous tag Hels and I so need all those art parts! Love the rich colours you always achieve.
Juliaxx

kingstonmama said...

Beautiful tag. I love the warm, natural colors! ann

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails