Sunday, 16 September 2012

Raven Jewellery Box

I decided to decorate a wooden jewellery box this time around for my DT piece for The Stamp Attic using the fabulous Nevermore image from Stampendous.
These small jewellery boxes are perfect for Halloween chocolates or to house any Halloween jewellery or perfect for a small Halloween gift.
I applied a coat of Gesso to my box and then cut 8 bats from white card using the Bewitching Hour die, or you could use the Mini Bat and Skull die. I adhered two bats to each side of my box using Multi Medium Matte.
Once I had adhered the bats I then painted with two coats of Americana burnt umber acrylic paint and then brushed over with a little Americana burnt orange, to give that Halloween feel.
To decorate the top of my box I cut a piece of card 3" x 3" and coloured with Distress Inks rusty hinge and black soot, applying Aged Copper Embossing Enamel to the outside edges. For further dimension I also added a Fragment adding part of the Raven to the fragment. I also added dimension to the Raven's hat embossing with Clear Embossing Powder. To complete, I added a skull brass charm to the front of my box.


Thanks so much for stopping by. Tracy Evans x x








4 comments:

butterfly said...

Just been admiring this over at Tracy's - such a delicious transformation!
Alison x

gayle said...

Gorgeous stamp :) loving the raven's hat!

Julie said...

FAbulously decorated box! Juliexx

Silvia(Barnie) said...

That's cool, a beautiful altered box.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails