Tuesday, 4 September 2012

IndigoBlu....

Goodly Morning Stampfans! I am back this week with another tag I have made using those fab Indigo Blu stamps - this set is the Wild Meadow set. I did a really cool background technique using Dylusions sprays. The tags are really super smooth and they are perfect for this technique. Firstly, mist the tag completely with water, then pick a few colours of Dylusions Sprays - I used Bubblegum Pink, Fresh Lime and Black Marble. Mist the Sprays over the surface of the watery tag and then lift the tag up, allowing the inks to mix together and drip. If you have a patch that is a bit bare, you can always go in and mist again or add another spritz of water. A heat tool is necessary to get the drippy effects and I like to have mine running and hot ready to get drying as soon as I lift the tag up.


The stamping was done using Archival Inks. The ornate corner stamp was stamped top with Sap Green and bottom with Rose Madder. The sentiment and dandelion seeds are stamped with Jet Black. I also added on a splattery butterfly from the Nature 1 set - stamped in Sap Green so he is blended into the background. The big butterflies were stamped onto more card that I had Dylusioned, cut out, edged with black and then gems for the bodies were added. A few bits of Idea-ology and some vintage ribbon finished the top of the tag off.


The ingredients I used are:
Indigo Blu - Wild Meadow and Nature 1
Dylusions Ink Sprays
Archival Ink
Idea-ology

Thanks for looking! TTFN

Hels x

11 comments:

Cornish Emma said...

Lovely tag, stunning use of colours and stamping. Love indigo blu stamps. Emma

Carole Z said...

Super tag Hels, I love the vibrant colours, I'm a big Indigo blu fan as well, Carole Z X

Rita said...

I just love this Tag, the colours certainly bring out the beauty of the lovely stamps. TFS. Hugs Rita xx

Joanie said...

Gorgeous Hels. These are great stamps especially the butterfly.

Joan x

Redanne said...

Such beautiful colours and background and adore those fabulous butterflies with their sparkly bodies.......Crafty hugs, Anne x

Karen said...

Wow Hels, so very gorgeous, love everything you did on this tag hugs karen

Joanne said...

Oh Hels, this is so beautiful. When I first looked at it, I thought you had torn some watercolour paper on the left side and added some crackle to it. What a fab colour scheme. Must get some Dylusions black although I am sure I would end up with a black tag every time.
Hugs Joanne xx

Sarah said...

Beautiful tag Hels. Love the colours and the butterflies.

Sarah x

Anita Houston said...

Beautiful Hels!!! Gorgeous colors and love those butterflies!

whyducks said...

Love it!

Julia S-W said...

Another stunner Hels! Love the colours although my black spray scares me to death!!
Juliax

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails