Sunday, 23 September 2012

Halloween Raven

A raven is my focal point this week for my DT creation for The Stamp Attic using the fabulous Nevermore stamp from Stampendous.
My card is a piece of A4 white card folded in half to which I have added a piece of purple Bazzill card stock. My next layer is a piece of white card coloured with Distress Inks rusty hinge, dusty concord and black soot.  I applied the inks to my non stick craft sheet, spritzed with water and then mopped up the beads of ink with my card, drying between each application.
For a little more interest in the background I cut the bat image from white card using the Bewitching Hour die (or you could use the Mini Bat and Skull Set), I used the aperture as a stencil and sponged through the aperture with black soot ink.  I moved around my decorated piece until I had bats randomly around my background. The raven image has been stamped onto a piece of white card coloured with dusty concord ink applied in the same way as step 1.  For forther interest and texture I applied Aged Black Embossing Enamel to the edges of this piece.
I cut the witch from white card, coloured with black soot ink and added Aged Black Embossing Enamel to her hat and broom and I then added her to the back of my raven piece.
I die cut more bats from white card, coloured with black soot ink and added to my card for further dimension.  I also included a Happy Halloween ticket from Tim's Odds and Ends set,  stamped onto white card and coloured with rusty hinge ink. To complete, I added 31 using Alpha Cards.


Thanks so much for stopping by. Tracy Evans x x






3 comments:

Maggie said...

Great card Tracy full of Halloween spooky-ness!

MaggieH

Helen said...

Spookily gorgeous Tracy!

butterfly said...

Fantastic colour combination to get that spooky Halloween look! Your Poe stamp is just amazing, Tracy, and I love seeing what you can do with it - love this!
Alison x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails