Tuesday, 11 September 2012

Green Card...

Goodly Morning stampfans. I am here again with my final DT piece using those gorgeous Indigo Blu stamps. This week I have decided to go all monochrome and use just one colour, namely, green. The colours I used from the Distress range are: Crushed Olive, Peeled Paint and Forest Moss. I did the sentiment stamping using Jet Black Archival - I like to stamp sentiments in black so they pop from the project more. The butterfly was also stamped first in jet black and then coloured with Crushed Olive and Peeled Paint Distress Ink. The stamp set I used is Wild Meadow.



The card is an easel card, measuring 14.5cm square. The decorative mat I made for the base of the top (huh? you know what I mean right?) Well, that was cut to 13.5cm square and I inked up the long border with Crushed Olive and Peeled Paint, spritzing this lightly with water to achieve a watercolour effect for the stamping. A quick zap with a heat tool dries off the watery ink nicely. The little mat for the centre was stamped with the dandelion, this time using Forest Moss for the stems and Crushed Olive for the clocks, again spritzed with water. I edged both of these with Peeled Paint, applying it with a blending tool.


I made a long border for the base of the base (yep, you get it lol) using the fancy corner stamp and Crushed Olive DI and again edging with Peeled Paint. The sentiment was stamped with Jet Black Archival and then overstamped lightly with the corner stamp again. The butterflies are stamped and cut out and coloured both front and back with DI's and then curled and popped onto the card.


The Ingredients I used are:

Indigo Blu - Wild Meadow
Distress Ink
Archival Ink


That's all from me... have an inky week. Thanks for looking, TTFN

Hels x

5 comments:

Aquarius said...

Gorgeous card and the monochrome idea works really well here with these great stamps

Cornish Emma said...

Lovely card using just one colour, love these stamps, great layout.
Emma

Carol Q said...

absolutely lovely Hels.

Julia S-W said...

Just beautiful and your monochrome works so well. I'm afraid I don't get it because you are probably talking to the only crafter in the world who hasn't made an easel card. . . .I know, it's sad. I'll hang my head in shame.
Juliaxx

gayle said...

Love these colours together :) I too am an innocent in the ways of the easel card LOL but it looks fab :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails