Tuesday, 25 September 2012

A grand week off.............

Just got back from a week off (much needed) which we spent in Yorkshire, Vale of Pickering to be precise.

I know most of my friends think I am mad but we camped, well sort of camped, we have a Folding Camper, its like a Tardis, it all folds out and you get two double beds, cooker, fridge and even a loo!!
I love the freedom of taking my own home with me...........
and took advantage of the first morning of wonderful sunshine. We had some lovely days out, went to York, had cake and coffee at Betty's, Fish and Chips in Whitby (like you do) and this fabulous lunch at Marie Antoinette's in Whitby (loved Whitby, really loved Whitby).
Spent a day on the steam trains from Pickering to Whitby and stopped off at Grosmont for lunch in an amazing Artisan Cafe. It was not until I was sat eating my lunch that I realised the chairs and tables were all for sale! Fabulous idea, you have dining room and show room all in one.
We had some iffy days, one morning we went over the moors and ended up in a cloud on top of it.
but it was worth it, over the other side was this
just stunning
I will be going back for sure, a wonderful county..............

7 comments:

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Wow Wendy that must be a tardis does all that really fit in there, cannot believe that. Beautiful county. So glad you had a lovely break. Tracy x x

Carol Q said...

lol - not sure I would want to camp Wendy but looks like you had a very relaxing week!

Barb Cady said...

I just love camping and think your tardis is awesome! Oh the smell of bacon in the open air for breakfast! Glad you had such a good time. x

Netty said...

I for one hate camping, cannot abide those insects, but then I am woose...loving the Yorkshire Dales so many beautiful places to visit. x

Jan said...

LOVE camping and LOVE Yorkshire... Whitby is one of my most favourite places too! We have a caravan and people often say ' that's not a proper holiday' but, like you, we enjoy the freedom of doing what we like and when. Can't get enough of it. Looks as though you had a fab time X

Asia King (aka Joanna K) said...

Glad to know you had a nice holiday! xx

Gez said...

Fabulous photos, sounds wonderful to me :o))

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails