Friday, 10 August 2012

Sewing is good for the soul...

Welcome and happy Friday! I am counting the days til my holiday, and I have to say yesterday's gorgeous weather is not making me any more patient ;)

I have a tag for you today using the 'Sewing Mends The Soul' stamp set by IndigoBlu - I was feeling a bit inspired by the sentiment so you'll have to excuse my efforts with the flowers!

I inked the background with antique linen Distress Stain, and then layered with peacock feathers, shaded lilac, and dusty concord Distress Ink, , edging with some black Archival Ink.  You can't see it well in this photo but I spritzed the background with French Navy Cosmic Shimmer Vintage Mist - have been having a good old play with this stuff and love it :) it adds a gorgeous effect which looks a bit distressed at the same time - shimmer and vintage - lovely!!
 I was loving the tape measure stamp from the set (especially that you can bend it to look like you've really overlapped a piece of tape measure), and layered it both in the background and as a frame for the top and bottom :) I stamped the frame and the spool and thread in black Archival, and then stamped over the bottom tape measure with Picket Fence Distress Stain.  The sentiment is stamped with Archival also.
 The centres of the flowers are Tim Holtz gem clips - I really like these as the centres of flowers!
 The scissor and sewing machine charms are tied to the tag with a piece of twine, and I fixed the scissors with a piece of 3D foam so that it would stay where I wanted it (!) and also give a bit of dimension.
And now to the flowers themselves!  The flowers and the piece of lace at the end of the tag are coloured the same way, using that fab lace that Wendy sells on spools and colouring them with Distress Stains and drying with a heat tool.

Don't ask me what possessed me LOL but I decided to make my own flowers out of the lace by stitching some of the edges together into the centre with white thread.

This lace colours really well, so if there's a specific colour you want maybe try the white lace and a matching Distress Stain.

Wishing you a wonderful weekend, and here's to a sunny one for all of us :) you can get all of the supplies I used at Wendy's lovely Stamp Attic :)

Gayle xx

3 comments:

Wendy said...

Love it, thanks Gayle xxxx

Miriam said...

Gorgeous tag Gayle

Silvia(Barnie) said...

A wonderful tag, great colors.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails