Tuesday, 21 August 2012

Nature's Miracle

Goodly Morning Stampfans - already it is Tuesday which means that it is time for my weekly DT offering. This week I have been playing with those gorgeous Indigo Blu stamps again, mixing them with some Dylusions Masks, Distress Stains and some Archival Inks.


I started my tag by stamping the Dandelion with Snow Cap Dabber - this creates a really cool resist effect. A quick zap with a heat tool to dry the paint and then a good spritz of water right over the whole tag. Using three Distress Stains, I pounced these onto the wet tag, the Stain mixes with the water and gives a really nice splotchy effect. I stood the tag up so the Stains/water mix could run downwards and then dried it with a heat tool. Once dried, I used two different Dylusions masks and blended Distress Ink through them to get the dotty and diamond design... and then a different colour DI blended around the edge through the flower bit of the mask. I made a second piece of card using the same background technique for the butterfly and the sentiment to be stamped onto. Using Jet Black Archival to stamp these and then cutting out and edging. I added some more stamping to the bottom of the tag using Viridian and Jet Black Archival Inks.


The finishing touches are some DewDrops on the butterfly and at the top of the tag and a smidge of Idea-ology and pearl embellies. The Ingredients I used are:

Size 8 Tags
Indigo Blu Stamps: Wild Meadow & Nature 1
Dylusions Stencils: Diamond Borders & Dotty Flowers
Distress Stains: Scattered Straw, Crushed Olive & Pine Needles
Distress Ink: Crushed Olive, Broken China, Peacock Feathers & Pine Needles
Archival Ink: Viridian & Jet Black
DewDrops
Idea-ology: Wire Pin & Chain Tassel

As ever, thanks for looking... have an inky week! TTFN

Hels x

11 comments:

Carol Q said...

beautiful Hels. so pretty!

Dots Dabbles said...

A really lovely tag Hels...I didn't realise that you could use the snowcap dabber as a resist ink! I always use clear embossing powder...but I really love the look of this. No wonder you have inky fingers again after all this inky fun.
Dot x

Tabbatha Sandoval said...

I am a huge fan of your tags. They are all amazing and full of inspiration. I'm totally a loyal follower now. :D

Silvia(Barnie) said...

A fabulous tag, love every detail.

Helen said...

What a scrummy tag, I am coming for that butterfly stamp, lol!!

Julia S-W said...

Totally delicious! Just love the use of the dabber - great idea Missy!
Juliaxx

Ria Gall said...

Hi Hels,
your at it again giving me lovely tags to look at. I love the colours you have used here it is so bright and summery.
It is great fun inking through the masks as it makes a lovely statement on a card and gives it depth.
Ria

Wendy said...

I love this tag Hels, colours are just gorgeous...............

butterfly said...

Another gorgeous piece, Hels, so much life and colour... lovely!
Alison x

Rebecca said...

Love this and great colours
Happy craftin
Rebecca

Patricia Howarth said...

Morning Hels, This is absolutely stunning and the colours blend so well together, love how you have used the paint on the dandelions and then blended the inks around them, simply beautiful. Lots of love from Patricia xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails