Tuesday, 7 August 2012

Anyone For Coffee?

Goodly Morning Stampfans... wow, where is this year going huh? Already in August! I know you know that already but I have been thinking (don't worry, I was seated) "I reckon it is this crafty lark that is making time whizz past..." Well, time flies when you are having fun doesn't it? And fun is sure what I have been having for this latest creation.



I haven't made a tag for nearly a month... and I was missing playing on my favourite medium so I thought I would have a little play using some of my new fave techniques. Check out Wendy's post HERE where I have found inspiration, I just love the use of papers on the tag and then adding some spritzing, right up my alley.



The tag is a Size 8 and I have added some Prima papers - I cut them, blended the edges with Gathered Twigs DI and layered them up. The base of the tag was also coloured around the edges with the DI so it blends in nicely. I added some stamping - in Coffee Archival - I didn't want it to take over the design but had I wanted it to be more prominent I would have used Jet Black Archival. The stamp is a corner stamp from Indigo Blu.


I popped some old lace from my stash around the tag and a little snip of ribbon in the knotted bit - saving all those teensy bits of ribbon does come in handy! I then layered up some Prima Flowers
and added a little metal steampunk flower to add interest to the design. Next came the spritzing - I used Vintage Cosmic Shimmer Green first and then gave a very light spritz of Espresso Colorwash and a smidge more Cosmic Shimmer to make this blend in a bit. The word is an Adage Ticket and it is in an Ornate Frame. Finishing touches are a bit of tulle from my stash and a little steampunk dragonfly embellie.



The Ingredients I used are:
Size 8 Tag
Indigo Blu - Meadow
Distress Ink
Archival Ink
Steampunk Charms
Ornate Frame
Adage Ticket

Espresso Colorwash
Cosmic Shimmer
Prima Papers (call Wendy on 01235 760821 for deets)
Prima Flowers



Thanks for looking! TTFN

Hels x

6 comments:

craftimamma said...

Totally fabulous tag Hels and glorious colours that are my favourites. Absolutely love that arrangement of Prima flowers, etc.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Astrid Maclean said...

Only one word for this tag, STUNNING!!! Love everything about it, colours, compositions, misting, the lot. Just yummy all round!!!

BTW, fairly sure those papers are Prima Romantique.....

whyducks said...

Lovely Hels!

Dawn said...

Very Pretty hels lovely work xx

Carol Q said...

really lovely tag Hels, gorgeous soft colours and beautiful flower arrangement

Fuchsia said...

Simply stunning Hels I love your tags

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails