Friday, 17 August 2012

And sew it goes...

Hi and happy Friday! Gayle here, and my post this week is a tag using the 'Sewing Mends The Soul' stamp set by Indigo Blu - this week I was thinking ribbons and vintage!

 The tag is coloured with Antique Linen Distress Stain with spiced marmalade, fired brick and frayed burlap Distress Ink, and a Tim Holtz script stamp in the background.
I stamped part of the sentiment above the sewing machine and part on the right side of the tag so I could frame it with an Idealogy book plate, which I filled with glossy accents.  I added some gold Stickles to the sewing machine stamp and some sewing embellishments around the bookplate.
 To finish off, I threaded ribbon through the tag hole and tied in a bow, and added on some white lace and ric-rac trim to match.

Thanks for visiting today!  You can find all the supplies I used at the very lovely The Stamp Attic :)
By the time you read this I will be far far away on my hols, so will wish you some sunshine wherever you are :)

Gayle xx

6 comments:

isisimaginings.com said...

Very beautiful tag. Hope you have a great holiday.

Helen said...

Love it!! Beautiful colours.

butterfly said...

What a gorgeous tag... looks like it might burst into flames any second - red hot colours!
Alison x

Silvia(Barnie) said...

A fabulous tag, love the sewing theme and the colors.

Dortesjs said...

awsome and very beautiful

Cornish Emma said...

Just found this. Its stunning, love the colours so rich and enticing. Great use of embellishments.
Emma

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails