Tuesday, 28 August 2012

All Boxed Up....

Goodly Morning Stampfans! Cor blimey, it is Tuesday already which means it is my day to show you my latest offering using those deeelish Fresco Finish paints and Indigo Blu stamps. Wendy has a lovely range of wooden alterables in the treasure trove that is The Stamp Attic, so when she gave me this little fella to play with I was chuffed. I do love altering wooden things, it makes me smile to start out with a plain old box and by adding a few dabs of paint and some stamping you get a lovely result - and ideal for giving away as pressies too. **Please do read to the bottom of the post today, there's some news for you!!!**


I started by using a Dylusions mask and some DecoArt Modelling Paste, spreading the paste through the mask onto the top of the box. Once this was dried I mixed Butternut with Snowflake Fresco Finish (FF) paint to achieve a lighter tone and then applied it all over the box. I have found that lightly pouncing the foam onto the surface is the best way to get a nice even coverage. Next I mixed Butternut with Paprika FF and applied this with the same piece of Cut & Dry, pouncing and blending the colours as I went. Finally I applied Cinnamon FF, lightly, to the edges of the box. Once this was all dried, I painted the inside of the box with more of the Cinnamon, this time using a paintbrush to get into the nooks and crannies.



To decorate the box, I stamped the wheat image from Nature 1 by Indigo Blu, stamping first with Sepia Archival and then a smaller stamp of the image using Jet Black Archival so the wheat ears are layered. Each time I stamped, I used my heat tool to set the ink - that way there's no inky smudges of the Archival ink. A quick swipe of the Jet Black pad around the top and edges of the box nicely gives it a "frame" and closes the design. I used some Paper Artsy Crunchy paper and cut two pieces to fit inside the box and scrunched them up, gluing them in with Cosmic Shimmer glue. I cut some more of the Crunchy paper into flower shapes using the Mini Tattered Florals Alterations die and popped some sticky back canvas onto mountboard and die cut three Mini Tattered Leaves. I coloured the leaves with Crushed Olive and Forest Moss Stain. The final bits of decoration are an Idea-ology Lock and Memo Pin with an Adage Ticket attached to it.




The Ingredients I used are:

Wooden Box - 6x6x3.5
Paper Artsy Fresco Finish: Butternut, Smoked Paprika, Cinnamon and Snowflake
Dylusions Mask - Diamond Borders
DecoArt Modelling Paste
Indigo Blu - Nature 1 set
Archival Ink: Sepia and Jet Black
Distress Stains: Crushed Olive & Forest Moss
Paper Artsy Crunchy Paper
Alterations: Mini Tattered Florals and Mini Tattered Leaves
Idea-ology: Memo Pin, Adage Ticket and Lock

I have some news too!! There are a couple of spaces left on my Stampotique Street workshop which is on this coming Sunday, September 2nd. During the class we will be playing with masks, sprays, inks, stains, your favourite Stampotique characters and you will go home with a cute little "street" which will be standy-upable so you can showcase all your lovley artwork. If you would like to book a space, please give Wendy a call on 01235 760821. Thanks for looking! TTFN

Hels x

4 comments:

Julia S-W said...

Quite a delicious box and I love the use of the paste on the top. Also like the box lining too.
Juliaxx

Redanne said...

Hi Hels, what a lovely shaped box to start with, love what you have done to it, great colours and the wheat really does look layered. Don't you just love that crunchy paper....it looks fab as a liner and in the flower. Anne xx

Buttons said...

Loving the texture you have achieved on the top of your box and the fab stamping around the base. What a triumph. Hugs, Buttons x

Lisette Baker said...

Just love these colours, the texture on top and the crunchy paper. Actually, I just LOVE it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails