Tuesday, 17 July 2012

Spinning...

Goodly Afternoon Stampfans, sorry for the lateness of my arrival today - yonder t'internet has been playing up! I am here now though with a Studio 490 Art Parts piece to show you. The base of the piece is from the Spools set and it has some Florals and Leaves Art Parts on it... the spool and large floral were coloured with Distress Stains - Wild Honey for them with a smidge of Aged Mahogany DI around the edges. I overstamped using a gorgeous 490 background stamp and Plum Archival ink. The leaves were coloured with Peeled Paint Stain and overstamped with a different background (my fave Squolka Dot) and Olive Archival ink. I chopped the leaf into two pieces so it fitted on top of the spool and also on the stalk.


Once they were all coloured, I set about making a Grunge rose using my fave six petal stamp from the Accents for Art stamp set. This was coloured with Wild Honey DI - the stamping was done with more Plum Archival and a smidge of Aged Mahogany for the edging. This was added to the top of the spool along with an Ornate Frame and some Clearly For Art (clear flavour) butterflies.

The ingredients I used are:

Studio 490 stamps: Optical Art, Accents For Art & Art Colors Life
Studio 490 Art Parts: Spools, Florals, Leaves
Distress Stains
Distress Ink
Archival Ink
Ideaology

Thanks for looking! TTFN

Hels x

9 comments:

Buttons said...

Beautiful as ever Hels. Hugs, Buttons x

Miriam said...

Gorgeous. Love everything about it!

gayle said...

Beautiful, I do like those fluttery butterflies! :)

Redanne said...

Wow Hels, this is amazing, love the little spider hanging down and those gorgeous butterflies! A x

Helen said...

Gorgeous Hels! Love the butterflies. Well, I love all of it, but spesh the butterflies!

Karen said...

My comment seems to have disappeared - oh well 2nd time lucky!
It's gorgeous, really must try to get some of these so I can play with some myself! Karen x

inkypinkycraft said...

A fab piece! Love the flower!! Fabby! Trace. X

Annie said...

Absolutely fabulous Hels. You sure know how to rock these WV parts........stunning and I love the clear butterflies. X

butterfly said...

Fab project. Love those butterflies floating over the whole of it.
Alison x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails