Tuesday, 31 July 2012

Nature's Beauty

I have been having a loooovely time playing with some gorgeous goodies.... namely Paper Artsy Fresco Finish paints and Indigo Blu stamps. I decided to make a card but instead of just stamping onto inked card, I decided to make a painty background first.


Using Cut & Dry foam, I applied Butternut FF onto plain cardstock. I then used the same piece of foam to apply patches of Spiced Paprika FF, pouncing the foam onto the card to make some nicely blended areas. Next I used Hey Pesto FF and a clean piece of foam to apply it in a few patches on the card. The technique is all about building up the layers of paint, if you feel one colour is a little heavy, simply take your other colour and blend the edges... simples!


The stamping is using Nature 1 set from Indigo Blu and Archival Ink - I mixed Sepia and Olive stamping for the background and then Jet Black for the foreground image and sentiment. The ickle butterfly is stamped onto coloured card using Jet Black and then cut out. It is all layered up with a piece of Paper Artsy Crunchy Paper as a base.

The ingredients I used are:

Paper Artsy Fresco Paint
Indigo Blu Nature 1 Set
Archival Ink: Jet Black, Sepia, Olive

Thanks for looking.... TTFN

Hels x

11 comments:

Joanie said...

Gorgeous card Hels. Don't you just love Fresco paints? They are so versatile!

Joan x

Helen said...

So pretty. Thank goodness for Fresco paints! I love them.

Redanne said...

Oh Hels, now this is something I need to add to my craft list which is about 291 items long - like your to do list, wonder which one of us will get there first......love this card, gorgeous colours, beautiful stamps. A x

Planetsusie said...

Hi Hels - I love these colours - not used Fresco paints before but they look good. Is this going to be yet another item on my wish list ................ er yeeees!

Absolutely beautiful card Hels.

Hugs Sue P xxx

Craftychris said...

Wow this is so gorgeous! The background is fab and those stamps are really lovely xx

Carol Q said...

gorgeous colours Hels.

butterfly said...

Such a gorgeous blended background, and the stamps look so beautiful over the top. Just lovely!
Alison x

Wendy said...

Love your painty background, colour choice is perfect...

Karen said...

Tis fab Hels. Wonderful use of colour. Have a couple of technique questions so I'll pop back to your blog to ask - if you can't answer then don't worry - you've inspired me to get me paints out! hugs Karen x

sue said...

Beautiful card hels, I've never attempted painty backgrounds I normally use the usual suspects distress inks, panpastles etc so I think I'll be getting my paints out today. An having a go, thanks for the inspiration x x

Julia S-W said...

A gorgeous card. Love the beautiful rich background you've built up using the fresco's - never tried them and trying not to think that I really NEED to try them. . . . . !
Juliaxx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails