Sunday, 29 July 2012


I have a new addiction, its Vintaj Patina Inks and altering mackerel tins! The Patina's give absolutely fantastic coverage on metal and are ideal for altering my mackerel tin, which is this weeks DT piece for The Stamp Attic.
I began by sanding my tin a little and then covering the entire piece in Vintaj Patina Inks, this time around using the Weathered Copper set. Once my tin was decorated with ink, I aged a little by sponging some timber brown StazOn ink randomly around the tin. It then took me some time to decide how I could get my tin to stand, but a trip to my local DIY store sorted that for me in the form of a household bracket which I coloured with inks and adhered to the bottom. The things I will do for this addictive hobby! I also added a Clock Key to the top of my tin to give a little more interest.

To give an industrial feel I added some garden chicken wire to the back of my tin again coloured a little with StazOn timber brown ink and adhering into place with Glossy Accents. For further interest and dimension I added a Numeral, coloured with moss Patina Ink, along with gears cut from white card using the Mini Gears movers and shapers die, coloured with walnut stain Distress Ink. Gold Paint Dabber has been added to all the edges of my gears and banner. Game Spinners have also been added to my Mini Gears.

I cut a banner from white card using the Tattered Banners die, sponging with vintage photo ink to age, stamping STEAMPUNK with black Archival Ink to the centre from Wendy Vecchi's Steampunk Art set. For added dimension I have included Mini Gears to either side of my banner. The handsome gentlemen from Wendy's Steampunk Art set has been stamped onto white card and coloured with vintage photo ink, cut out and added to a small piece of wood so that he stands away from the back of the tin, adding yet a further layer of interest. He also has Mini Gears added to his jacket and hat to add to the steampunk feel.
From this angle you can really see all the layers achieved along with the fabulous dimension from the Light Bulb I have added. To add a little interest to the outside of the tin I have adhered Mini Gears again coloured with vintage photo ink and a little gold paint dabber to the edges.
The opposite side has also had gears added and from this angle you can see that I have also added a Pen Nib to the bottom of my bracket.
To complete I printed STEAMPUNK from my computer and added to the bottom of my bracket. I really enjoyed making this fun quirky piece; you may be seeing a few more of these!

Thanks so much for stopping by. Tracy x x


Helen said...

I love this, it looks amazing.

Kaz said...

WOW!! fabulous tracey, love the colours too xxx

wendy vecchi said...


Gez said...

Wow! This looks AMAZING.

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Fantastic piece of art.

gayle said...

This is fab!! Loving the greens, and all the little embellies :) x


Related Posts with Thumbnails