Tuesday, 10 July 2012

A Box of Wishes....

Goodly Afternoon Stampfans... I have been having a lovely time of late, playing with Texture Paste and paint and stencils and generally getting messy. This week I have a little altered wood trinket box to show you. It is 9cm square which is a really nice size to work on and also tis the perfect size for all those special little nick-nacks that we all hoard (can't only be me that does that!)


I started by adding some DecoArt Texture Paste to the front and lid of the box, using Crafters Workshops stencils and a palette knife to get a nice pattern. I left the paste to dry overnight and then gave it a good coat of Gesso over all. I used Shell Pink Dabber, applied with Cut & Dry foam to colour the entire box and painted the insidey bits the same too. Next I spritzed the teensiest amount of Cranberry Colorwash Spray onto my craft sheet and used the same piece of Cut & Dry to dab colour onto the box. Next I pounced a scrunched babywipe over the top, this blends the darker colour without removing too much of the colour underneath.




Once this had dried, I sanded roughly around the edges to take the paint back to the Gesso and then used my finger to smudge some Pitch Black Dabber around the edges of the box to give it some depth and "frame it". I added some stamping, using Jet Black Archival ink and those gorgeous "Wild Meadow" Indigo Blu stamps, adding images to the lid and the sides of the box. Remember that if you stamp Archival ink onto a painted surface, you will need to zap it with a heat tool to heat set the ink... no nasty smudges that way.



I used a couple of snips of Prima ~Almanac~ paper to add into the insides of the box, sanding the edges before I stuck it down with Cosmic Glue. Speaking of Cosmic Glue, I also used this to add the fastener (an ancient relic from my hoarding days lol) I popped some brads through the holes of the fastener to finish it off but the Cosmic Glue is the sticking agent... tis cool stuff indeedily!


Finally, I went to town with paper roses and Prima ~Almanac~ flowers and a few pearls for decoration on the lid. I added a little word to the top - this is a Tim Holtz Stamp, perfect size for what I wanted too! The green curly things are actually the stems of the paper roses, I just wrapped them around my pokey tool to add some more interest to the piece. The feet are painted Backgammon counters (more hoarded stuff used!) The finishing touch was a quick spritz with Cappuchino Perfect Pearls Mists.

The Ingredients I used are:

Wooden BoxLinkDabbers
Gesso
Tim Stamps - Stuff To Say
Indigo Blu Stamps
Jet Black Archival
DecoArt Texture Paste
Crafters Workshops Stencils
Prima Papers
Prima Flowers
Cosmic Glue .... call Wendy on 01235 760821 for details of these products :O)

Thanks for looking! TTFN

Hels x

11 comments:

Chloe's Nan said...

Only one thing to say - gorgeous! x

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Very pretty Box Hels, love the texture paste, an gorgeous array of flowers. Tracy x

whyducks said...

Not normally a pink girl myself, but this is pretty darn cute! Love the texture on it.

Carol Q said...

absolutely beautiful Hels (and this from a totally non-pink person)

Helen said...

Now don't take this the wrong way, but this is a really "pretty" colour for you Hels!! I love it mind you!

Keren Howell said...

Not a lover of pink myslf, but this is so beautiful!

Shazza said...

love this, so gorgeous x

Redanne said...

Gorgeous box Hels, beautifully painted and textured and love all the embellies too!

Linda said...

Just one word - GORGEOUS!! xx

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

This is beautiful! I love those flowers!

gayle said...

So preeeeeetty :) love what you did to the inside of the box too :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails