Wednesday, 20 June 2012

A Tissue Pom Pom

Goodly Morning Stampfans... another week has whizzed past and here we are fast approaching the end of June! What happened to this year eh? Anyways... waffling aside, I have been inky with another technique from the Compendium of Curiosities II book... CLICK HERE to grab yourself a copy :O)) This week I have focused on the Tissue Wrap flower technique, with a bit of a twist. I do like the flower in the book, but, being as I do love a little faff, I have made a different stylee flower with Tissue Wrap. You could also use crepe paper to make this flower if you fancy. There's a tut on my own blog on how the layers are achieved if you want to CLICK HERE to see it.


I used a mix of those fabulous new Summer Distress Inks. I know that they have been selling like hot cakes but Wendy has said that they will be back in stock shortly, so you can reserve a set of them right now. The colours are bright! Like very bright! And being as I am a bit of a dull girl, I shied away from the brightness to start off with and muted them down by squishing the pads onto my craft sheet and spritzing with water. I dipped a tag into the inky mix, swooshed it about and then dried it. It gave a more subtle effect for the background so I could go full on with the colour on the layers and flower. I used the honeycomb stamp from Mixed Media, stamping with Blue Violet Archival to add some interest to the background. I then mixed a smidge of Decoart Texture Paste with Lettuce Dabber and then spread this through a Crafters Workshop stencil to add leaves to the background. Whilst this was drying, I assembled my PomPom, colouring it with Picked Raspberry DI. I made a pleated rosette, colouring that with Salty Ocean DI and die cut a heart from a Journal Ticket, added a bit of Tissue Wrap to card to sit behind the aperture and stamped the sentiment into the heart. I added a few bits of Idea-ology to finish the tag.



The Ingredients I used are:
Compendium of Curiosities II
Tim Stamps
Tags
Seasonal Distress Ink
Tissue Wrap
Journal Ticket
Gem Clip
Wire Pin
Baubles
Chain Tassel

DecoArt Texture Paste - call Wendy for details - 01235 760821
Crafters Workshop Stencil - Ferns
Lettuce Dabber
Blue Violet Archival
Jet Black Archival


Thanks for looking!! TTFN

Hels x

3 comments:

Helen said...

love your flower! Well I love the whole tag, but the flower is fab.

Carole Z said...

What a beut...love the tag Hels , Carole Z x

gayle said...

Ooh. fabby flower! Pom pom looks gorgeous :) think my favourite bit is the sentiment in the heart, wonderful :) xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails