Friday, 29 June 2012

Peacocks and butterflies

Good morning and happy Friday!  Gayle here, back on the tags this week ;) you knew I couldn't stay away for long!  This week's tag started with a grungepaper flower in peacock colours, and the rest of the tag just followed on :)

I used the squeezed lemonade and peacock feathers Distress Ink for the background and grungepaper flowers (from the tattered florals Alterations die) and spritzed some water to mix the colours for the green shade.  The background stamp is from Andy Skinner's 'Letting Off Steam' set, stamped in peacock feathers.  I darkened the edges of the tag with broken china and frayed burlap Distress.
 For the Tim Holtz ornate plate I stamped the Andy Skinner script stamp from the 'Letting Off Steam' set on some card and coloured it with peacock feathers Distress Ink, then glued to the back of the plate and filled the gap with Glossy Accents.  After leaving it to dry for a while (but while it was still a little tacky) I stamped into the Glossy Accents with black Archival Ink and some small letter stamps.
I added some pearl pins which I coloured with gold and 'stream' alcohol ink (liked the shiny blue to go with the peacock colours)...
 I am loving my butterflies at the moment :) I punched these out of paper, coloured them with scattered straw, broken china and peeled paint Distress Stain, and when they were dry folded them in the middle and added gold Stickles for the body.  The ribbon was coloured with probably all the Distress Stain colours I had on my desk LOL
Thank you for visiting today, hope you like it!  You can get all the supplies I used at the very lovely Stamp Attic :)

Gayle xx

7 comments:

Helen said...

Love these colours, they are so pretty. Great tag... look forward to next time already!

Di Potticary said...

Beautiful!

Sarah Anderson said...

fabulous colours, my favourite! And I love the tiny butterflies :) What a gorgeous tag

Wendy said...

Stunning Gayle, really really lovely ....you get better and better x

Julie Boeck said...

Your use of color is always amazing! I look forward to each item you make!

dianapena8 said...

Loving the color combo and all those cute butterflies =Di

Dawn said...

Lovely colours used here ;0)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails