Friday, 1 June 2012

Hello and welcome!

to our new DT member Gayle. I just love Gayles work and enthusiasm and so chuffed she accepted an invitation to join us here...........so without further delay.............here she is!

Hello and welcome to my first post at The Stamp Attic!  My name is Gayle and I’m really excited to share with you my first design team project!  Thank you Wendy for having me join you all J absolutely thrilled!  So excited to have even more excuses to play in the scrappy room!
My first project to share is this tag triptych using stamps from Andy Skinner’s new Letting Off Steam set – I managed to use the whole set in this project, just love those stamps!  I used some of my favourite Distress Ink and Distress Stain colours in Fired Brick, Spiced Marmalade, Scattered Straw, Wild Honey and Picket Fence to build up lots of layers, and stamped the darker images in Saddle Brown StazOn and black Archival ink.  I grunged the edges with Vintage Photo, Frayed Burlap and Aged Mahogany Distress Ink.
For the left tag I used the key and sentiment stamps from the set and added long pearl pins which I coloured with gold alcohol ink, and Tim Holtz glass vials which I filled with punched stars and hearts.  The barrel of the key is coloured with gold Stickles (one of my favourite things!)
To the middle tag I added a Tando Creative birdcage which I painted using Andy’s metallic distress technique (check out his online workshop Book of Secrets for more info) and a Tando Creative chipboard bird which I coloured with Distress Ink and then stamped with Saddle Brown StazOn.  I glued a Tim Holtz philosophy tag and brad to the bottom of the cage, and coloured some ribbon in the Distress Stain colours I used for the tags to tie onto the top.
For the tag on the right I added some Tim Holtz mini gears, sprockets and spinners, and painted a Tando Creative chipboard mini bookplate with Andy’s metallic distress technique, gluing a word from the sentiment in the stamp set behind the window. I put some Tim Holtz brads through the holes and then glued it down with Glossy Accents.

I joined the three together with 7gypsies gold journal hinges (Wendy has these in the shop), having backed each tag with an extra tag to strengthen them so they would stand up.
And here it is! Thank you for visiting today and I hope you enjoyed my first project :) I'll have more to share with you soon.

Just a quick 'eeeep!!' of excitement before I wish you all a wonderful weekend ;)

Happy weekend all!

Gayle xx

10 comments:

Wendy said...

Stunning Gayle, a truly fabulous introduction to your work, I just know there is lots more up your sleeve and look forward to seeing it on here xxx thanks for saying YES x

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Welcome Gayle. Fabulous first piece, love the rich colour tones which work perfectly with your stamped images and I love the embellishments. Tracy x

Becky said...

Love the tags Gayle the colours are gorgeous have been looking at those stamps might have to buy them lol

She said...

Love the Tags Gayle...they are fantastic..my very favourite colours too! I look forward to seeing more of your wonderful work. S x

Hels Sheridan said...

gorgeousness Gayle, good to see you on the team hunny.... love your art xxx

Kristin said...

What a beautiful set of tags Gayle! The colors and layers are stunning and the embellishments and stamping are a perfect fit! Your work always leaves me smiling. Kxx

dianapena8 said...

you are so talented Gayle :) I really enjoy seeing all the inky/stamp projects you make and as always this one is Amazing! =Di

Andy skinner said...

Love what you have created here Gayle, I am a big big fan of layering.
Must have a look at those hinges next time I am at the Stamp Attic

isisimaginings said...

Wow, that is incredibly gorgeous, love all the details.

Barbara (Ozzy) said...

Gayle I am a very amateur crafter but I have to say that what you have created is amazing. The colours are wonderful and work well with the stamps. For a first project you can hold your head up high. The girl did good.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails