Sunday, 24 June 2012

DREAMER

I decided to get a little creative with the fabulous VINTAGE set by TJ Designs from The Stamp Attic.
The background was created using one of the new Distress Ink colours salty ocean mixed with a little vintage photo.  I applied the colours to my non stick craft sheet, spritzed with water and mopped up the ink with my card, drying each application and then repeating the process until I was happy with the coverage. I then machine stitched my background onto a piece of vintage ink coloured card.

I stamped the DREAMER image with black Archival Ink onto white card and coloured with vintage photo Distress Ink to give that vintage feel. I then backed my image onto a piece of card from the Lost and Found Paper Stash, tearing the bottom edge to give that aged feel. For added dimension I added a Word Band, coloured with a little Alcohol Ink to blend with my piece, adding a little Idea-ology Foliage for added interest.
I added a piece of Film Strip Ribbon secured in place with a fastener, adding YESTERDAY to the top, stamped onto white card and coloured with vintage photo ink. For the WOW factor I added one of the fabulous Wendy Vecchi Embellish Your Art pieces adding a Chitchat sticker to the top. To give a little more of a vintage feel I included some of the fabulous new Ribbons which I stitched into place using my sewing machine.
I also included two hearts cut using the Mini Hearts Set, colouring with salty ocean ink, adding vintage photo to the edges of each heart. To give a little more interest to the hearts I added the stamped crown from the Vintage set of stamps.  To complete, I added an Adage Ticket (DREAM), coloured once again with vintage photo ink to the top corner along with a second Chitchat sticker to my DREAMER image.


Thanks so much for stopping by. Enjoy your Sunday. Tracy x x






8 comments:

Helen said...

Great card Tracy, I knew it was one of yours when I saw the colours!

isisimaginings.com said...

It is beautiful, I love the colours.

gayle said...

Fab colours, love the vintage style :)

inkypinkycraft said...

This is fab!!! Just love love love these colours! Hugs trace x

Julie said...

This is gorgeous - so love the colours and all the extra details!! Juliex

butterfly said...

Wow, Salty Ocean is amazing! Love this piece, it's so tactile, and it has amazing character.

Dawn said...

I thought this was wonderful fab combination of pieces & stamps Dxx

lee woo said...

Imagine all the people living life in peace. You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one. I hope someday you'll join us, and the world will be as one. See the link below for more info.


#dreamer
www.ufgop.org

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails