Tuesday, 5 June 2012

Being Green...

Goodly morning Stampfans and a very happy Jubilee Tuesday to you all! This week I have been doing my bit for the environment and have used a technique from Tim's Compendium Book II to "repurpose" some packaging. The book can be found HERE. As ever, I won't go into massive detail on how I made my tag, I will let you know what goodies I used though and there will be links at the end of the post for you :O))


The packaging came from some Sizzix Alterations packaging, cut into a tag shape using the Tags/Bookplates Alterations die, embossing the acetate using a Texture Fade and also cutting out some Cogs using Gadget Gears and Mini Cogs. I used Caramel and Ginger Alcohol Ink to colour the cogs and I lightly dabbed it onto the embossed bits of the tag so the pattern shows up. I cut the oval out of the centre of the embossed tag so I could add some stamping underneath. The base tag is cut from Ranger Specialty Paper (fab stuff!) and I stamped the chap in Jet Black Archival Ink, drying with a heat tool and then using Distress Markers and a waterbrush to colour him. The Markers blend perfectly on this paper, it has a smooth coating which lends itself perfectly to watercolouring. I cut some more cogs from Grungepaper and coloured with Distress Ink and also cut a strap from the Hardware Findings die... colouring this with DI's too. I added some Idea-ology bits and bobs to finish the tag, using Snowcap Dabber to drop into the recess of the Word Band to make it pop. The Cash Key was filled with some of the Destinations papers, popping the little resin topper over the paper, cutting out and then gluing into the Cash Key... simples!


The ingredients I used are:

Tim Holtz Stamps: Pen and Pencil
Alterations: Gadget Gears, Mini Cogs, Hardware Findings & Tags Dies
Texture Fades: Book Covers
Distress Ink: Frayed Burlap, Vintage Photo & Walnut Stain
Distress Markers: Old Paper, Scattered Straw, Black Soot, Vintage Photo, Pumice Stone, Faded Jeans
Jet Black Archival Ink
Idea-ology:
Word Bands, Mini Gears, File Tabs, Cash Keys

Destinations Papers
Alcohol Inks

Thanks for looking!! TTFN

Hels x

1 comment:

gayle said...

Brilliant image, love the birdcage hat! Like the little cog details, esp the cash key :)
Gayle x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails