Friday, 22 June 2012

And now for something a little bit different...

Sooo.... my name is Gayle and I am a tag addict.  This much is true.

This week I decided I needed to push myself and do something a bit different to a tag... so I decided to alter an empty tin of travel sweets that was sitting on the shelf in my scrappy room (as you do!)
It all started when I realised that the clock face from Andy Skinner's Letting Off Steam stamp set is actually the perfect size for the top of the tin.  Just asking to be stamped, right?
I painted the tin with Americana Decoupage and DecoArts antique white acrylic paint, and stamped the clock face into white card and cut it out.  The clock face image was coloured with old paper Distress Ink and distressed with aged mahogany and frayed burlap Distress Ink, saddle brown StazOn and jet black Archival Ink.
Before gluing down the clock face with Glossy Accents I put Tim Holtz tissue tape around the edge of the lid, and also three layers of tissue tape around the bottom part of the tin.  I stamped script from Andy's stamp set with saddle brown StazOn on top of the tissue tape on the bottom of the tin, and cut out cogs (Tim Holtz Alterations die - Gears; On The Edge) from plain grungeboard which I coloured with aged mahogany Distress Ink and jet black Archival Ink, and also stamped with the motherboard background stamp in jet black.  I grunged up the tissue tape with the browner Distress colours and an inky finger (yes I'm glad I'm not in work for a few days!)
I can't live without my pretties :) but this project didn't feel right for flowers, so I punched some butterfly shapes and coloured them with spiced marmalade and fired brick Distress Stains, and added the 'body' in gold Stickles, along with some Tim sprockets, spinners and mini gears.
And there you go! Have to say, tissue tape is the perfect thing for that bit around the top of the tin where the lid fits on, slides on and off lovely :)
You can find everything I used (apart from the tin of travel sweets!) at The Stamp Attic :) thanks for visiting today and have a lovely weekend! (Fingers crossed for some sunshine UK people ;) )

Gayle xx

5 comments:

Helen said...

Gayle it looks lovely... every last little embellishment!

Miriam said...

It's gorgeous Gayle - love what you have done.

Wendy said...

Wow...stunning!!!

dianapena8 said...

Wow! Amazing, love the soft touch the butterflies give =Di

butterfly said...

This is utterly lovely - beautiful in design and execution. Thanks for the inspiration.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails