Tuesday, 22 May 2012

A Tissue...

Goodly Morning Stampfans! I am here today with a collaged tag I have made using The Compendium of Curiosities II technique book. The technique is on Page 38 of the book so I won't go into massive detail on how I achieved the effect but I will tell you about the goodies that I have used :O)) As ever, there will be a linky list at the bottom of the post so you can nip over to The Stamp Attic to check out the stashly delights yourself.


The tag is a Size 8 white tag - I used a white one so the background was a bit lighter than using a manila one. I started by stamping a couple of background flourishes directly onto the tag using Jet Black Archival ink. I used plain Grungeboard and cut out a heart and two Butterflight borders. The tissue paper is Tim's Tissue Wrap but any tissue paper will work for this technique - you could stamp it first with your own design... one thing to remember would be that tissue paper is slightly thinner than the Tissue Wrap so a little extra care would be needed to scrumple it onto the tag. I used Ranger Glue & Seal for sticking the pieces and tissue down and then once it was dry, I used a Juniper Dabber to apply paint over the tissue and then dabbed some of it away using a baby wipe. Once this was dry, I edged and gently applied Walnut Stain Distress Ink to the tag, spritzing with water for a bleachy dappled effect. I cut a couple of Mini Rosette's from Lost & Found paper and popped a Bottle Cap onto the top of it for decoration. The 2nd butterflight border was coloured with Shaded Lilac and Seedless Preserves and then coated with Rock Candy Stickles. I also added some to the heart so it sparkles nicely. The Word Band had some Juniper Dabber pounced onto it to colour the letters. Fiually, I added some Idea-ology Baubles to a Trinket Pin and popped a File Tab onto the edge of the tag.



Here's the list of ingredients :O))

Tag - Size 8
Compendium of Curiosities II
Grungeboard
Rosette Die
Movers & Shapers Hearts

Butterflight On The Edge
Tim Holtz Stamps
Juniper Dabber
Archival Ink
Rock Candy Stickles
Distress Ink: Shaded Lilac, Seedless Preserves, Walnut Stain
Idea-ology


Thanks for looking... see you next week :O))

Hels x

2 comments:

Helen said...

I love your tag! No matter how much I try and water my dabbers to rejuvenate them, they are dried up... but I loved this technique... yours is much better than mine though!

Gez said...

Love, love, love your tag Hels. FAB colours ♥♥

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails