Tuesday, 1 May 2012

Losing My Marbles...

Goodly Mornin Stampfans! Tis that time again! Oh yes, I have been playing along with the Compendium challenge again and this week the focus is on Page 46 of The Compendium of Curiosities II.... and the technique is Marbled Stains. This has to be one of my most favourite techniques - it incorporates normal Distress Stains with.. Picket Fence... oooohlalalaaaa, you get the most amazing results. As ever, I shalln't spill the beans on how to actually achieve the results... that wouldn't be fair because you can play along using Tim's expert guidance in the book. I will be adding a little linky thing at the end of the post with links to the shop so you can easily hop across and do a smidge of shopping (well, what better on a cold and dank day like this one eh?)



I used Picket Fence, Broken China and Pine Needles Stains to get the marbled background... yes, Pine Needles... really, that dark old green that is much ignored by yours truly unless it is Xmas... well, I discovered that by mixing it with Picket Fence, you get a most gorgeous lagoon blue. I used Broken China for my second colour so I had the lagoon and a paler turquoise to go with it. It is worth just having a play, zap some Picket Fence onto your craft sheet and then try all the different Distress Stain colours... you can get some delightful colours! Here's a pic of the background before I stamped and embellished.... cool marbley look!


Once the background was done, I overstamped with a large background stamp and Aquamarine Archival Ink... these colours go perfectly together and I wanted the background stamping to blend in rather than pop out. I covered some mountboard with Claudine's Sticky Back Canvas and cut the dressform, colouring with Antique Linen and Frayed Burlap DI's. I then used Antique Linen and Tumbled Glass Stains to colour up some Trimmings and lacey bits to make little adornments for the dressform and tag. The finishing touches were a bit of stitching and some Idea-ology and charm bits and bobs. Check out those Pearls in the Trimmings... they are STUNNING!!! And... they are all from The Stamp Attic ... you should see the colour selection that Wendy has, it takes me all my willpower to leave some on the rack when I go over there! They aren't online so if you do fancy adding some to your collection, give Wendy a call (01235 760821) and she will guide you through all the colours and sizes.



Ingredients I used are:

Distress Stains: Picket Fence, Tumbled Glass, Broken China, Antique Linen, Pine Needles
Distress Inks: Antique Linen, Frayed Burlap
Achival Ink; Aquamarine
Tim Holtz Stamps: Papillon
Alterations Dies: Sewing Room
Claudine Hellmuth Sticky Back Canvas
Idea-ology:
Baubles
Accoutrements
Wire Pins
Gem Clips
Trimmings
File Tabs
Ruler Tape
Compendium of Curiosities II

Thanks for looking... have a lovely inky day!

TTFN

Hels x

4 comments:

Redanne said...

Came over from your blog, thanks for showing the 'nude' coloured tag, it helps me to see what it should like. Off to check out those fab pearls now........Anne x

Creatique Candy said...

This is just stunning!!! I love how you shared your ingredients I would never of thought. ;)

Helen said...

I love the plain tag - I don't know how you do it, mine (marbling) never ever looks that good!

shamraiz said...

Super stylish and pretty card, I love this gorgeous stamp and the addition of the feather is fab
regards
sam:>)

Membership Cards
Plastic VIP Cards
scratch cards

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails