Tuesday, 8 May 2012

Layers & Layers

Goodly Morning Stampfans... another week has whipped by in a jiffy and here I am, back at Tuesday with my latest offering. This week I have mostly been playing with those gorgeous new Seasonal Distress Inks. Ohlalaa, the colours are stunning... and even though they shouldn't mix together because of the difference in the colour, they do (if that makes sense!)




My tag was coloured with the Seasonal colours (I think that the Shaded Lilac is my fave at the moment). I then popped a mask over part of the tag and blended a smidge of Gathered Twigs DI over the top to emphasise the mask without discolouring the colours underneath too much. Brolly Man was cut from the Alterations die using Grungepaper... which I then painted with Pitch Black Dabber and sanded it back to reveal some of the Grunge underneath and then swiped some Gathered Twigs over the top. The background stamp is the honeycomb from the Mixed Media stamp set, the numbers are from Stuff to Say and the birds and sentiment are from Creative Muse.
I added some Idea-ology - using the new Screw Eyes to fix into a Bingo Counter and a Corked Vial so they are dangling... and a few new Mini Cogs and Sprocket Gears and a Game Spinner to dangle from the top. The finishing touch is the Iron Gate On The Edge which was cut from Grungepaper and then painted gold, sanded back, coloured with Gathered Twigs and then stapled to the tag using a Tiny Attacher.



The Ingredients used are:

Seasonal Distress Inks - Spring and Autumn
Tim Holtz Stamps
Alterations Dies
Idea-ology
Dabbers
Archival Ink

Thanks for looking... Oooh and before I go... just a quick reminder that I have some more classes scheduled at The Stamp Attic... HERE are all the deets. TTFN

Hels x

5 comments:

Helen said...

Great tag, Hels'. I think these new colours are just gorgeous!!

Netty said...

wonderful tag Hels, x

Becky said...

Love the tag Hels can't wait till I get my new inks which are waiting for me at the Stampattic

Redanne said...

The contrast in colours on this tag really make everything else 'pop' - it is gorgeous and love all the embellies. Anne x

Gez said...

Great tag Hels. The colours are certainly scrummy.. resistance is futile!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails