Wednesday, 30 May 2012

Going Dotty...

Goodly Morning Stampfans... blimey folks, it is hot!!! Usually when the sunny weather comes to stay, Mr Mojo goes walkabout but... not this time, oh ho, I have developed a cunning plan. Get a tall tower fan, sit it next to you and voila, coolness without the blowing papers all over the place thing - hope it works for you! So, this week I have another taggy offering, using my favourite Distress Stain colours together to create a very terracotta looking tag. The hot air balloon is fast becoming a fave stamp too. As ever, I will do the little "how to" bit and then at the bottom, I will do the linky bit, so as you can go and have a nosey over in The Stamp Attic at all the goodies.



The base of the tag was coloured first with Antique Linen Distress Stain and dried. I then spritzed the tag with a very lot of water, making sure I had a good even coverage. I then pounced Scattered Straw, Wild Honey and Rusty Hinge Stains onto it, then stood the tag upright and allowed the Stains to drip down the tag. This gives a really cool background effect, all smoosy and ethereal. I used several methods to stamp onto the tag, starting with just water stamping which leaves little bleached spots. I then smooshed Distress Ink (Rusty Hinge) onto my craft sheet, lightly misted it and dipped the stamp into it... more dots but this time like a watercolour. I next inked the stamp with Rusty Hinge Stain, stamped, spritzed with water and dried it, which is the Watercolour Techinique on Page 49 of the Compendium of Curiosities II. I added more stamping using Rusty Hinge DI and Sepia DI so there are loads of layers of images all overlapping. The balloon was stamped 3 times, coloured as the base of the tag, cut out and layered. I added little Chit Chat Stickers and a Tissue Tape border to the bottom of the tag and finished with some Idea-ology.



The ingredients are:

Compendium of Curiosities II
Tim Holtz Stamps - Remnants, Bitty Grunge, Steampunk
Tissue Tape
Distress Ink
Distress Stain
Archival Ink
Idea-ology: Light Bulbs, Chit Chat Stickers, Mini Gears, Wire Pins

That is all from me this week.... thanks for looking, keep cool! TTFN

Hels x

2 comments:

Helen said...

My mojo has deffo gone walkabout! Love this tag, my favourite favourite stamp, that hot air balloon! Have a great day...

Jan said...

Ooooh....you've revealed the technique!! Fantastic tag.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails