Tuesday, 24 April 2012

Pretty Patina's

Goodly Morning Stampfans... tis time for my next Compendium of Curiosities entry. This week we have turned to Page 58 of the book and are looking at the Alcohol Ink Patina technique. I haven't tried this before and I have to say... I love it! Using Snow Cap and Cloudy Blue, Lettuce, Sail Boat Blue and Juniper onto metal gives a gorgeous old verdigris look... and I also used it on Glossy Cardstock to make the background for my tag.


I did some stamping using Olive, Aquamarine and Jet Black Archival Inks to add some layers and depth to the background... I used the new Mixed Media Tim stamps... LOVE these... they are really versatile. The large spotty stamp was stamped with Aquamarine, the grungy dotty-spotty stamp was stamped in Olive and the Chicken Wire was stamped in Jet Black. I added some trimmings to the bottom of the tag and crinkle ribbons to the top - dyeing these with Broken China, Tumbled Glass and Shabby Shutters Stains. The finishing touches are some glass pearls that have been bobbed onto head pins and turned into baubles.




Here are links to the website for the ingredients I used:

Alcohol Inks
Archival Inks
Distress Stains
Tim Stamps - Mixed Media & Odds & Ends
Idea-ology
Trimmings
Glass Pearls - Phone Wendy for details :O))

That's all for this week.... thanks for looking!

TTFN Hels x

8 comments:

Helen said...

just yummy. may need to go shopping again...

Tina said...

Just love th e colour s and textures .

The Scrappy Tree said...

Ooh, loving the colours! Might just need me some of those TH stamps too lol
Gayle x

Redanne said...

Stunning, gorgeous, beautiful creation.

judith@poppy cottage said...

Fabulous tag, just love those colours Hels. I may have to stop my craft room tidying for some play time today after seeing this, it is just gorgeous. Love the patina effect on the metal attachments. Hugs, Judith xx

penibear said...

Beautiful colours, Hels, love em

Nichola said...

Gorgeous colour!

Hels Sheridan said...

Thanks everyone x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails