Thursday, 19 April 2012

Curiously Challenged...

Goooodly Morning Stamp Fans... time for me to make an appearance on here... tis a long time since I did that... so... without further ado, here's a tag I have made for the Compendium of Curiosities 2 Challenge. All of the stashly goodies I have used, including the book, are available from The Stamp Attic and I will do a list at the end of the post with links to the right pages on the website (see, I am an enabler!) The challenge theme this week is to make custom foam stamps using Tim's Alterations. I chose to use the Steampunk On The Edge and Gadget Gears Dies and did a Matte Medium resist on the bare tag.




I used Iced Spruce, Evergreen Bough and Aged Mahogany Distress Ink to colour the tag, using a damp paper towel to remove the excess ink from the resisted bit and then edged the whole thing with Black Soot Distress Ink to frame it. The hot air balloon was stamped with Jet Black Archival and I then stamped it a further two times onto cardstock, cut out the layers, coloured with more DI's and then puffed them behind with a paper stump, attaching them to the tag with 3d foam. The decorations are Idea-ology, including the banner at the bottom which is Ruler Tape that has been pleated and attached using a Tiny Attacher.




So... here are the goodies:

LinkGadget Gears
Steampunk On The Edge
Tim Stamps - Remnants
Distress Ink: Iced Spruce, Evergreen Bough, Aged Mahogany, Black Soot
Ruler Tape
Game Spinners
Tiny Attacher
Hinge Clips
Sprockets
Muse Tokens

Baubles
Wire Pins
Label Pulls

Compendium of Curiosities 2
Multi Medium - Matte

Thanks for looking... TTFN

Hels x

6 comments:

The Scrappy Tree said...

Yes, you are an enabler LOL and so is Wendy! ;)
Another beautiful tag :) loving the airy colours and the layered balloon! Gorgeous :)
Gayle xx

Helen said...

Great enabling here, Hels. I love that balloon. It is my favourite new stamp by far.

TonyR said...

i think we may have been seperated at birth!!! everything you make i just love and need to make it!!
just got this stamp set and its looking at me demanding 'ink me up'!!
huge hugs xxx

Wendy said...

oooohhhhh love this, nice technique, its a good book isn't it.
Glad you feel enabled Gayle lol

Redanne said...

You definitely are an enabler Hels. Saw this on your blog, love the different photo angles here. I so love that stamp!

Lynne Moncrieff said...

A stunning tag.
Wishes
Lynne

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails