Friday, 6 April 2012

Creative Chemistry With A Twist

I've finally managed day 3 of Tim's Creative Chemistry 101.
The techniques we explored this time around are Alcohol Ink Agates; Archival Resist Technique and Stamping with Reflections.
All my tags have a little twist on Tim's original, well I had to make them my own and I do love my embellishments. Tag one uses the Alcohol Ink Agates technique using Alcohol Inks.
I used the handsome gentlemen from Tim's STEAMPUNK set along with a little background stamping from the same set and embellished with a word band, sprocket and a numeral.
Tag two uses the Archival Resist Technique using Archival Inks and Distress Ink. I used the balloon image from the Remnants set along with a philosophy tag and coordinated ribbon.
The sentiment from Tim's Words for Thought set is stamped onto white card and sponged with vintage photo Distress Ink.
The third tag on Creative Chemistry is Stamping with Reflections, one I had to improvise on greatly but to accomplish the technique perfectly Tim used the Reflections set of stamps but I used the Papillon set which I stamped onto a Styled Label cut from white card and sponged with broken china Distress Ink, I also added a little dimension to my butterflies stamping a second time and adding the wings to each. The embossing in the background is from the Postale Texture Fade, coloured with vintage photo ink. I punched two holes into each point on my label and added some natural cord which I tied to the back of my tag.

Further interest has been added in the form of Idea-ology foliage and pen nib.
A sentiment from the Odds and Ends set along with coordiated ribbon completes my tags.


I will be back soon with Day 4 tags from Creative Chemistry 101. Thanks for stopping by, Tracy x x

5 comments:

Wendy said...

Well I think you definitely pass Day 3, these tags are just fabulous!

The Scrappy Tree said...

These are all fab!! Love how the butterflies stand out from the page :)
Gayle x

Miriam said...

Lovely tags. Fabulous!

Redanne said...

I just followed the tutorials step by step and did not think of creating further with them - what you have done is amazing!

penyabogarde said...

Amazing Blog!
SALUDOS DESDE BARCELONA
Up The Hammers & Visca el Barça!


I'm waiting to:

penyabogarde.blogspot.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails