Monday, 5 March 2012

Time for a bit of Purple

Hi everyone


It's Ruby and I'm here to show off the lovely new Uniko Studio.


I've been playing around with a few different ideas with these lovely new time related stamps and this is one of them.  I thought it would be fun to use a bit of purple, not a colour I use that often.


The set I used for this card is ‘Time I started by cutting out three tags by hand in monochromatic purples in Bazzill cardstock, using a Corner Chomper to round the edges.  Using Versamark and Detail White embossing powder I stamped the long cog stamp on two of the tags and then stamped the little cog stamps twice to form a pattern on the central tag.  I stamped a clock face in purple and added a Prima flower.

Adding a hole punch to the top I then tied each tag with twine and pop dotted the finished tags onto the card base.  I completed the card by stamping the words 'hello' and 'friend' in black Ranger Archival Jet Black Ink, cutting around the words and attaching them directly to the two side tags as shown.


If you haven’t got these sets then do think about getting it, there are lots of really useful and fun sentiments as well as the clocks, plus some really pretty flowers that I will share with you another time.


Until next time…

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Thanks Ruby, they are brill, the stamps sets have so many images on its amazing....and I love your use of colour, as always. Hope to see you Saturday 10th, Bev is hoping to meet you x

HilaryArt said...

Lovely contrast between the white and the beautiful shade of purple..feel inspired to create ...especially as my new fresco paints have arrived this week from Wendy.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails