Wednesday, 29 February 2012

Freshly Fresco

Goodly Morning stampfans... I have been having a lovely time of it playing with those lush Fresco Finish paints and... Colorwash Sprays! This tag is a recipe concocted between me and a friend and we were pretty strict on the ingredients... until I completely cheated and added stuff that wasn't agreed so we stretched the recipe slightly... but... saying that... I sometimes find that being strict and only being able to use certain products does indeedily make me a bit more creative.... feel free to pick up the recipe and have a play yourselves :O))


So... the recipe was to use Fresco Paints, Colorwash Sprays and PaperArtsy stamps... and the technique that had to be used was Multi Medium Resist. Now, if you haven't tried this technique before I strongly advise that you have a play... seriously guys, it gives a fab result... and you can use either the Matte flavour or the Gloss flavour and get really cool results. I chose to "resist" some seed head images... so I bobbed some Multi Medium (Matte) onto my craft sheet and smoothed it out with a palette knife and then dabbed the stamp into it and then.. stamped! A good thing to remember is always clean your stamp immediately after you have finished with the Multi Medium... once dried this stuff turns waterproof and I don't want you to turn your stamps into embellishments!




The next thing I did was to mix a spritz of Purple Twilight Colorwash into a dollop of Snowflake Fresco using a palette knife and then spritzing this with a good old soak of water to make a "wash" I used a fat brush to apply this to the tag and then dabbed over the resisted images with paper towel to reveal them... and then dried the whole thing with a heat tool. Next I scraped a thin layer of Crackle Medium over the top of the tag and the bottom of the tag - leaving the stamped bits uncovered... and then went over the top of that with Old Lace Fresco... and the crackles start to appear straight away... am loving the old shabby French that it delivered.


Next I cut some Metal on Card with the large, medium and small Grunge FLower dies and cut two leaves too... and coated the Metal on Card with more Fresco paints, using Cut & Dry foam to apply it... I stamped over the diecuts with Archival Ink and the corresponding stamps and then assembled a flower. TO decorate I added some metal bits and bobs (check out the Steampunk charms section in the shop for similar items) and coloured some seam binding and some Flower Trim with a very watered down mist of Colorwash to co-ordinate them into the design.


So... here are the stashly ingredients I used... and I am being an enabler and popping in the links to the right pages in the shop ;o))

Colorwash Spray - Purple Twilight
Fresco Paints: Snowflake, Toad Hall, Old Lace, Crackle Medium, Metallic Glaze
Metal on Card - Call Wendy on 01235 760821 for ordering :O)
Jet Black Archival
Paper Artsy Hotpicks
Paper Artsy Cutting Dies
Claudine Hellmuth Multi Medium (Matte)
Idea-ology Trims
Steampunk Charms

Right, that is me for now, thanks for looking!! TTFN

Hels x

8 comments:

ellen vargo said...

GORGEOUS! xxx

Helen said...

Have already seen Ellen's - but yours is FAB too.

whyducks said...

That is do pretty!

Redanne said...

Really beautiful Hels.

Ellie said...

LOVE it, LOVE it, it's so yummy! Love the colros too!

I became a follower!!

Carol Q said...

ooh scrumptious yummy shades of purple Hels.

Krisha said...

This is soooooo pretty! Love the flower!

Kirsten Alicia said...

This is beautiful. Very cool that you both created something completely different using the same ingredients.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails