Friday, 3 February 2012

Final Day.... more artwork and a trip out..........

On the final day we hit the Prima stand, met up with the amazing Sherry Mendoza and I took her make and take class. There were amazing stands at the show, amazing artwork too and if I had to give out a prize (thank goodness I don't) I would divide it between Grapic 45 and Prima....just look at these layouts............

this was inside the stand, every single wall space on the outstide was covered in layouts like the ones above............sooooo much talent out there.
Not a great photo but how do you like this?
I loved the vintage look of them and to my delight found out they are............
new Sizzix dies, out soon.............
Show over we hit the local attractions. I have to say I am indebited to Kristin Langlais who was just amazing, we had the most amazing time. This is the big, and I mean big, Ferris Wheel at the California Adventure, one of the Disney parks, we decided not to go on the roller coaster you can see behind it, but to go on the nice sedate looking wheel...........OMG!!!!!
This is it from underneath................not so sedate now is it?............well you see the cars towards the middle, they start on the outside edge then without warning, as the wheel turns, they glide along the bars towards the middle and swing back and too........three of us up there, one was fine, one was giddy and one threw up!!! No names being mentioned here...........(but it wasn't me lol)
This was too funny, a huge plastic box made out like toy packageing, you get in for a photo shoot lol, well it amused me...........
Maybe our next stop is more up your street, this is a warehouse we visited and this is the ribbon aisle, one side of the ribbon aisle I might add.............I need to stay another week just to walk this baby...........like a kid in a sweet shop I was........
they had all sorts of decor stuff, I loved this metal pumpkin coach..........too big for my case though, but I have my eye on it...........I am sure it would fit in the shipping box!!
Lunchtime............this was a most delicious sandwich..............turkey, avocado and bacon salad with pasta (not too sure about a side of pasta with a sarnie but hey, I ate it and it was lovely).

We went to Old Town Orange, full of antique shops and little cafe's, and this made me smile.
Well, home tomorrow, we get there on Saturday, we leave tomorrow, its been a blast, lots of new friends (one in particular), lots of new ideas, lots seen and lots ordered........see you when I get back.

5 comments:

Helen said...

Hope you have your thermals packed for when you land back here - it's freeeezing!! Safe trip and thanks for sharing the pics of CHA & more. Oh those ribbons...

Anonymous said...

Wow Wow Wow..What great artwork and what a fab time you've had. Missing you loads xxx Love Mousey xxx

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Have a safe journey home and like Helen says you are definitely going to need your thermals. Speak when you get back. Loved your daily updates. Tracy x x

Hels Sheridan said...

Brrrr, I agree with the others, tis colder than a badgers bum over here hun... hope you aren't getting back at silly o'clock before the sun is out.. oh and it is going to snow too... eeek, hope you are safely back home before that! Now, these ribbons... did you manage to fit several tonnes of them into a box for me perhaps? lol Anyways... thanks for the pics, the updates and sharing your lovely trip with us... and big hug for pukey... (was it Colin?) xx

Brenda Brown said...

Sounds and looks like you have had a real blast - can I come in your suitcase next year please?
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails