Thursday, 9 February 2012

Art... Studio 490 Style!

Goodly Morning stampfans... I have been having a right old jolly time playing with the gorgeousness that is Studio 490 and have made a little stand alone Art Part piece that was inspired by a class that I was lucky enough to take with THE Wendy Vecchi last year. All of the ingredients are Studio 490 Art Parts and Stamps, along with Distress Stains, Inks and Archival Inks with a few little bits of Idea-ology thrown in for goodly measures... oh and the ickle cotton bobbins are from Maya Road. I will do a linky thing at the end of the post so you can hop on over to The Stamp Attic shop to see the stashly goodies (am good like that lol)




I started by colouring the base of the main Art Part with Black Soot Distress Stain, I gave it a few good coats, drying with a heat tool in between so the colour has really soaked into the Art Part. The Frame was coloured with Stormy Sky and then Broken China Distress Stain - I used the Stormy Sky first to give the frame a coat and then the Broken China is not quite as bright as usual (I wanted a more muted look) I overstamped the frame with the Squolka Dot stamp from Optical Art using Aquamarine Archival Ink.



The little Scallop Stand Art Part has a little friend with it in the form of a Mini Scallop - the Scallop Stand was coloured with Frayed Burlap Stain for the stand and Fired Brick Stain for the table bit. The Mini Scallop was coloured with Rusty Hinge Stain and overstamped with the gorgeous lace stamp from Sentimental Art using Vermillion Archival. The "ruler" Art Part was stamped with the ruler image using Black Archival and then coloured with Vintage Photo DI. The sentiment is popped inside an Art Part Frame which was coloured with Black Soot Stain, dried, coated again to build the depth of colour and then overstamped with the Squolka Dot again and Gold Dabber. The Scissors were coloured with Silver Dabber and overstamped with the corresponding stamp in Jet Black Archival.




The Bottles - I love these bottles sooo much... they were coloured with Brushed Corduroy and Faded Jeans Stains and over stamped with Jet Black Archival and then coated with Rock Candy Cracklepaint. I stamped the labels again - the Speedball is on paper that I coloured with Faded Jeans DI and the Diamond is on Grungeboard, coloured with Old Paper Stain. Once the crackles had... erm... crackled (!) I popped the labels over the top. The paintbrushes were stamped onto Grungeboard and cut out, frayed and coloured with DI's and then I added a little bit of Ranger Metal Tape which I then scooched with a TSS metal working tool.




The ickle Cotton Bobbins (which are just tooo cute) had a smidge of string wound around them... I cut a length of cheapo string, split the layers so I had one for each bobbin and then used DI's to colour two of them... not quite Bakers Twine (which I haven't got any of.. yet) but near enough. The finishing touches were the Idea-ology Corked Vials, each one has a smidge of Alcohol Ink in it and then a bent Memo Pin inserted into the cork... and a Type Charm dangling so it spells ART. I added some Snaps (sadly discontinued) and a Pen Nib that I coloured the pointy bit with Cobalt Archival Ink.. oh and the little teapot... well, there should always be refreshments in an Artists Studio... the fact I can't abide tea..well, it can double as a coffee pot.




Here's the ingredients:

Art Parts
Studio 490 Stamps: Art By Hand, Rubber Stamp Art, Sentimental Art, Optical Art, Destination Art, Tools For Art
Distress Stains
Distress Ink
Archival Ink
Idea-ology
Dabbers
Rock Candy Cracklepaint
LinkMaya Road Bobbins
Steampunk Charms

Right, that's enough waffle from me for one day... thanks for looking... TTFN!

Hels x

4 comments:

Helen said...

Gorgeous work, Hels!!

Wendy said...

love those little cotton reels and what you did with them, thanks x

flutterbycrafter said...

This is stunning, absolutely stunning

Kirsten Alicia said...

This really is terrific, I love the brushes & the cotton reels.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails