Wednesday, 25 January 2012

Seeing Dots...

...7 Dots that is! Have you seen those lush new papers from Polish company 7 Dots Studio? Wowzers, as soon as I copped sight of them I knew I had to have them! They have been lovingly stroked and last night it was time to cut into them. I have coupled them with some Stampotique images and put together a little folder concertina tag book.



The Ingredients:
Link7 Dots Studio Dreamer Collection Papers
Stampotique Stamps:
Kitty
Puss Puss
Minky Girl
Toby
Eric
GooseneckLinkTwo Sticks
Distress Ink - Frayed Burlap
Distress Stains - Rusty Hinge, Dried Marigold, Fired Brick, Tattered Rose, Shabby Shutters
Paper Punch
Glossy Accents




I cut one of the sheets of paper so it would fold over at the base and still have enough left to cover the folded part so it matched in with the background. The tags were cut from more of the paper, made to measure perfectly to fit into the flappy bit of the folder.


All of the edges were blended with Frayed Burlap DI - I love this colour because it is a nice shade of brown and still subtle so as not to distract from the beauty of the papers. Each of the Stampotique characters were stamped onto cream cardstock using Jet Black Archival Ink. I used a waterbrush to pick up Distress Stains to colour the characters in - I cannot wait to get those new Distress Pens!!! Each person was cut out and edged with more Frayed Burlap - this just gets rid of the white cut edges.



I cut into the papers to get some circles so I could add these to the tags and folder. I used some of the snipped bits to tear strips so I could add these for the characters to stand on. Next I stamped Kitty, Puss Puss and Two Sticks. I masked Two Sticks to just the largest stick was stamped, drew a flowery head dress and then cut them out and coloured with more Distress Stains. Then I stamped a couple of the Two Sticks together and added more petals to them... and the felines were coloured with Dried Marigold and Rusty Hinge. They are a bit of a fiddle to cut out but worth it because they look so cute!

The front of the folder had another piece of paper popped onto it... I cut around the doily design within the paper to make it pop and then added a tag from the Sticker Sheet. I used Glossy Accents to highlight the hearts on the tag and then popped a word sticker and some more of the Two Sticks characters onto the front to finish.



Thanks for looking... hope you get chance to have some 7 Dots papers for yourself... they are gorgeous!! Really... stunning!! TTFN

Hels x

5 comments:

Helen said...

Oh, I hate you (not really!) now there is something I've missed seeing and now really really need... lol! Your concertina tags are just gorgeous.

Helen said...

Ok, so now I realise I did see them but hadn't noticed them sufficiently. credit card is coming out... lol!

Joanna King (aka Asia K) said...

If you love those papers (I absolutely adore them!!!), you must must must visit Finnabair's blog - the designer of the papers. She is amazing!!!!!

Her blog is: http://tworzysko.blogspot.com

xx

sandra de said...

The paper, the stamps and the way you have pulled it all together is gorgeous. Have to agree with Joanna - the link to Finnabair's blog is amazing.

Vicki B in OP NY said...

This is so fabulous that I'm...well, I'm speechless. After reading every word thrice, I want MORE Hels magic! Words like fab, marvy, and booutiful aren't enough to describe the life you have breathed into these lovable and adorable Stampotique characters. They are simply magnifique!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails