Tuesday, 20 December 2011

Wishing You A Merry Christmas!

Goodly afternoon ... tis my turn to show you a little something I have been making using some fabby products which are all available in store at The Stamp Attic. My tag is all about Christmas and all things grungey... and here's how I made it: The tag base was coloured with Iced Spruce and Evergreen Bough Seasonal Distress Ink and then edged with Gathered Twigs and Black Soot DI's. The stamping comes from one of my fave Tim Holtz Christmas sheets which has a great big music score image... this was stamped using Iced Spruce so it is nicely in the background of the design. The Christmas Carols image was stamped using Jet Black Archival Ink. I also used a little dotty stamp to add some "snow" stamping with Snow Cap Dabber.



The embellishments are made using Alterations Dies... the Lamp Post is cut from Grungeboard, painted with Black Dabber and then I made some lamplight for it using Distress Stains and coating it with Glossy Accents so it looks like glass. I cut three large flowers using the Tattered Florals die from Seasonal Kraft Resist... coloured with Fired Brick Distress Stain and then assembled it into a rose shape. The twig and leaves are cut from Grungepaper and coloured with the same Distress Inks as the background... and I coloured three little baubles with Red Pepper Alcohol Ink so they became the holly berries. I finished the tag with a few bits of Idea-ology and a very light spritz with Perfect Pearls Mists to add a smidge more sparkle.



While I am in the festive mood... have you seen Tim's blog? Wow, he has made some cute little trees using the Paper Rosettes Dies... well, I was smitten as soon as I saw them so got cracking right away and made this little one... I have used one of those fabby new vintage spools that have recently arrived in The Stamp Attic... and dabbed some GLue & Seal onto the tree and then sprinkled glitter over it. not like me to use glitter but I do love a bit of seasonal bling!




Right, that's all from me for today.... before I go though... here's a list of all the stashly goodies I used on my pieces.

Tim Holtz Collection Stamps - Festive Sounds
Alterations - Holly Branch, Holiday Lamp Post, Movers & Shapers Label/Ticket, Tattered Florals
Distress InkLinkDistress Stain
Archival Ink
Manila Tag
Idea-ology
Kraft Resist Paper
Grungepaper
Grungeboard

Perfect Pearls Mists
Dabbers - Snow Cap & Pitch Black

Vintage Wooden Spool
Seasonal Paper Stash
Rosette Dies - Both Sizes
Glue & Seal
Glitter


All that is left for me to say is.... MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! Have a good one and see you in the New Year! Thanks for looking.... TTFN

Hels x

3 comments:

Helen said...

Both the tag and the tree are gorgeous!! I must have a go at the tree...

Kirsten Alicia said...

This tag really is beautiful!!

Wendy said...

Wow what a way to end 2011 Hels, that tag is awesome, those Limited Edition Distress Ink colours are so subtle, I just adore them. Your work is amazing, thank you x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails